Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    sc 544-002 mpc4503

Re: sc 544-002 mpc4503

Quote Originally Posted by Kengithinji View Post
    The machine was working just fine except for black images of previous prints appearing on the current paper because of stuck toner on sleeve. Removed the fuser to clean sleeve then returned the fuser and immediately the error appeared
    go back over your work. clearly your "cleaning" screwed something up.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    sc 544-002 mpc4503

The machine was working just fine except for black images of previous prints appearing on the current paper because of stuck toner on sleeve. Removed the fuser to clean sleeve then returned the fuser and immediately the error appeared
    You might have damaged the sleeve when you "cleaned it". Have never heard of anyone "cleaning a sleeve" before. How did you clean it???
    Usually once it starts "ghosting" or tracking the image down the page like that, then it's time to REPLACE the fusing sleeve.
    Just replace the sleeve or fusing unit and execute the SP mode I mentioned. It's the ONLY way!
    Omertà

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    sc 544-002 mpc4503

By cleaning the sleeve you must of damaged the heating element you will need to replace oem sleeve unit in box will be a reset fuse this must be fitted in fuser to reset machine will not work without fuse
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    sc 544-002 mpc4503

Quote Originally Posted by en. View Post
    hi all

i made this steps:

1- upload nvram data from another device and down lode in the device who hade the sc

sc are gone but now the machine give me sc 995 -2

i put the sam serial number by sp 5801 in nvram and bcu
    but it give sc 995-3???
    THAT was a big mistake, and certainly not the way to clear a fusing code. The more I think about it, there is a strong possibility you just bricked the controller.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

sc 544-002 mpc4503

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    THAT was a big mistake, and certainly not the way to clear a fusing code. The more I think about it, there is a strong possibility you just bricked the controller.
    Hi mika you just replied to the thread from 6 years ago that's what happens when users don't start new threads stay safe mate
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what about the fuse? it has been mentioned time n time again on this thread.

or did you buy some cheap ass china sleeve?
    I can reset the code without using fuse... My practice is backup all nvram on each machine which is good condition, and restore back the nvram when replace fusing parts

sc 544-002 mpc4503

Quote Originally Posted by kplow1986 View Post
    I can reset the code without using fuse... My practice is backup all nvram on each machine which is good condition, and restore back the nvram when replace fusing parts
    Wow why would you do that it's not good idea also don't swap nvram details with other machines the data is different for each machine also the fuse only cost £10
    Regards Mark

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

I did the same nvram backups when i was placing a bunch of mpc3502 in the field.
    kept copies on my laptop as i had one machine that would not reset,would no blow the pico fuse either.
    I do not do it on the 03 series as the fuser sleeve is more solid and reliable than the 02s

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Wow this thread escalated quickly LOL.....

I should have updated it years ago but what I eventually found out is you don't even need to use SP5810-002 when you have this code.

Before switching off the device, go to SP3701 (i think it is) and set the fusing unit, belt and pressure roller to 1 to tell the device you are replacing it with a new fuser.

Switch it off and back on and off you go, the device will do process control, reset all fusing codes and fusing PM counters and work like a charm.

In saying this the fuser was also replaced

Never had a problem since

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    sc 544-002 mpc4503

Quote Originally Posted by Imprestik View Post
    Wow this thread escalated quickly LOL.....

I should have updated it years ago but what I eventually found out is you don't even need to use SP5810-002 when you have this code.

Before switching off the device, go to SP3701 (i think it is) and set the fusing unit, belt and pressure roller to 1 to tell the device you are replacing it with a new fuser.

Switch it off and back on and off you go, the device will do process control, reset all fusing codes and fusing PM counters and work like a charm.

In saying this the fuser was also replaced

Never had a problem since
    Exactly, basically follow what is says in the service manual.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk