Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C2500 paper jams

Hi all

I recently attended an MP C2500 with paper jamming from tray 1. The paper was printing ok then didn't pickup and declared the jam.

The pickup assembly has new rollers on so I swapped tray 1 and 2 pickup assemblies round to see if the fault followed the feed assembly and it did!

I cannot see anything obviously wrong with the pickup assembly and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it?

I would replace the whole feed assembly but if its something small and cheaper, I would prefer that option.

Also, is the pickup feed for the MP C2500 different from the MP C2800? They look identical but the part numbers are different and there is a price difference of £20. . . .

Thanks!

Technician

Re: Ricoh MP C2500 paper jams

Did you change torque limiter with roller?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Richariri's Avatar

Yes, those feed tyres are basically the same.

Like steele said, you'll probably need to change the torque limiter.

Could also be the feed guide which has two little plastic bits that apply pressure, I've had several where one side breaks off and causes intermittent jams.

Also, remove the feed ass'y and play with the mechanism, when they get older the feed tyres don't return all the way back to position and can cause misfeeds. (i've only had success fixing one, most of the time it's unrepairable)

Finally, and I don't think this is your issue, the feeler that's part of the feed unit can break it's axle when someone pulls the tray out and immediately slams it back in. This normally causes 'no paper' but if it's still in position and falling out with the vibration of the machine, it could stop the process and cause a jam.

Hope something in this helps you...

...good luck.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If you have not replace the rollers, you might want to do so. The one way bearing in the feed roller can go bad and when the shaft turns, the roller does not. The pick up roller drives off the feed roller.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts izzynut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you have not replace the rollers, you might want to do so. The one way bearing in the feed roller can go bad and when the shaft turns, the roller does not. The pick up roller drives off the feed roller.
    Yes I've seen a brand new feed roller that the one way bearing was bad and cause myself some problems when I replaced it.

You can use AF03-0090, 1090 and 2090 in most of the MFP range upto the new 03s (except pickup in 01s and 03s, which are different). Also, some of the feed assemblys are the same or very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    You can use AF03-0090, 1090 and 2090 in most of the MFP range upto the new 03s (except pickup in 01s and 03s, which are different). Also, some of the feed assemblys are the same or very similar.
    Correction, maybe 01s to 03s. Parts look similar but might not work, so far they have for me.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Thanks but would the the whole feed assembly from a MP C2800 fit a C2500?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Probably just the feed clutch if the rollers are fine. Can't recall having this on a MPC2500 but sometimes the white holder (you need to remove when swapping the feed(pickup roller) can block the mechanism. You can remove it and just use clips like the previous models.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Richariri's Avatar

just realised I had a similar fault not long back and it was due to the white T shape holder that holds the pickup and feed tyres in place.
    When I took it off, there's a rim moulded to the white T and it had uneven wear. It was causing the rollers every now and then to slip and cause an intermittent jam (usually only when doing a large print job)