Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    nshear

Re: Aficio MP4002 Coy Quality

The copy quality on this family of machine is subpar at best. Just about every machine we have in the field has had overtoning/backgrounding problems. Thank the Lord we are finally starting to see these being replaced.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Why are you replying to a 3 year old thread.

Technician

Did you put the piece of paper between the dev unit and the drum unit when you set up the developer. If not, that is your issue. By the way, the developer does not run life in that machine.

Technician
    Aficio MP4002 Coy Quality

Most of the Ricoh machines specially these models you will have the same trouble if you don't use original developer / toner.

I have been in the same situation several times already before . Made so many adjustments but the same.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts andrewdecruz's Avatar

This may be an old thread, but i can't help comparing the MP4002/5002s with the MP03 and MP04 series. I have quite a number of these MP02 series still performing wonderfully great in the field although they are already more then 8 years and doing well above 2 million copies.
    It all boils down to using the right toners and developers and really following up with regular PMs and service schedule and they work superbly.
    The fusing and drum units on these models are still in good shape and by all account they are much much more durable and reliable then the MP03 and MP04 series. The fuser films on the 03 & 04 series are a nightmare.
    They only lasts probably less then 60k as compared to the 02 models, whose more durable heavy metal roller can do well above 300k!
    Ultimately it is not only the costs, but also the time that you can save with these 02 models. The fuser films on these 03 and 04 models also has issues with double images especially with heavy usage and therefore causing a lot of wastages on paper costs.
    Really, all in all not a good transition by Ricoh from the 02 to the 03 & 04 series.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pppp View Post
    Do you remeber MP4000 and faulty toner 6-7 years ago?
    Ricoh have released new toner with "A" letter in the name to solve problem.
    This is the same issue in my humble opinion.
    Synthetic toner particles stick up onto developer particles and TD sensor mesurement is faulty.

At the moment in Poland we have few tens of cases with toner overfilling. Ricoh Poland tries to collect data from field and escalate problem.
    Someone says that problem occurs only with toners bottled in France.
    I seem to remember hearing something like that too, about the toner speech from France
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wester View Post
    Anyone out there having any issues with overtoning on this series? I've got one with only 92,xxx clicks and the Vsp is .20 or so with background/overtoning symtoms, I just changed the developer and there was no difference, drum ground is good at 1.3 ohms, changing bias and charge roller voltage back and forth showed no dif. either. Any thoughts?
    this series after 400-500k print, need to clean the internal laser box mirror, and poligon, it is not sealed as well as those of the later series, moreover, if it is not used a lot, the developer tends to give up a little before everything else, if the part its enough used, clean laser, id sensor, drum surface with rag and alcool, and charge roller, and run process control via sp
    furthermore, I suggest you to clean the exposed part of the TD sensor, because it could be covered by some light film / dry toner crust, which isolates, and falsifies the reading, when you change the developer, it is always better to give a few taps with the screwdriver handle to the overturned developing group, to detach any crusts internally
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Aficio MP4002 Coy Quality

I think it's time to let this 7 year old thread go back to it's grave, but first let me entirely disagree with andrewdecruz who resurrected it recently for some strange reason
    The replacements are an entirely superior box when serviced properly, but I'm not sure what series he's actually referring to by '03's and 04's.

Those are colour machines and are again amazing too.

The replacement for the xx02 series are the xx54 & xx55 and while the fusers don't go 1/2 million pages, they run to PM almost without fail in my experience -which is WAY longer than 60k unless you're running sandpaper through them.

And now......back to the grave with this thread and those AWFUL MP4002/5002's