Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Firmware Update Error MPC 8002

Hi

I am trying to update the firmware on a MPC 8002, I am using a 2gb SD card, I need to know if this will work as the old machines only liked ones unto 528mb. Also when trying to update I have placed package on the SD folder but the machine keeps saying The machine is not @Remote connected., also E57 which that means. I don't know how to @Remote connect.

Do I have to put the package in a sub folder of some sort like on the older machines called romdata. I have switched off Java as the manual said so.

Sorry about the basic questions

Tim

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Firmware Update Error MPC 8002

2GB card should work but I prefer using a 512MB or 1GB card. If your are trying to update using the package firmware, the file needs to be in a folder called Package, you cannot put more than one Package on a card at a time. The package method does not update peripherals such as finishers so they will need to be updated separately. The procedure is the same as updating individuals modules from SD card. Stop JAVA as you may have to remove JAVA card, turn off power, put SD card in the bottom slot, turn power on. If the SD card contains both a Package and a ROMDATA folders, you will get a screen asking which you wish to use.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

H i there!
    Little remark: if the engine & sys/copy-FW are "too old", then the machine can´t accept/read the package-FW.
    Greetings...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi Guys

I have tried it and it putting in package worked when starting up but now it says preparing firmware and then E62 appears which is not in the manual. Maybe its the SD card to big or the system software is to old but it is 2.01 which is the last one.

Thanks for the comments so far.

Tim

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

I have found that E62 appears if the package firmware is corrupted, try downloading it again, the upgrade procedure is as Slimslob says
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    H i there!
    Little remark: if the engine & sys/copy-FW are "too old", then the machine can´t accept/read the package-FW.
    Greetings...
    If they are "too old" the Firmware Update option will not be displayed on the SP Menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmytronic View Post
    Hi Guys

I have tried it and it putting in package worked when starting up but now it says preparing firmware and then E62 appears which is not in the manual. Maybe its the SD card to big or the system software is to old but it is 2.01 which is the last one.

Tim
    E62 (Package format error) is displayed and the package firmware update via SD card
    fails under the following conditions:
    - The package update is executed before all modules have been booted up
    - The package update is executed during a printer job
    IMPORTANT: If E62 occurs, try turning the main power OFF/ON, wait for about 3
    minutes, and then try the update again.

Be sure to stop the JAVA and remove the JAVA SD card as JAVA can take up to 5 minutes to fully boot. Also unplug the network cable and if present the fax phone line.

Question on the model number. In B/W I can find MP 6002, MP 7502 and MP 9002 but no MP 8002. Or is it supposed to be MP C8002?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmytronic View Post
    Hi Guys

Tim
    Create 2 folders on the SD card, one folder labled package with just the package firmware. Create a romdata folder and within that create a folder and label it D136. Download just the system firmware for the MPC 8002 and copy it into the D136 folder. When you boot up you will be presented with a package tab and module tab. Do the module first let it run then reboot, then do the package let it run then reboot...Have patience in this process if machine beeps back at you when executing updates wait couple of minutes then try again.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoh808 View Post
    Create 2 folders on the SD card, one folder labled package with just the package firmware. Create a romdata folder and within that create a folder and label it D136. Download just the system firmware for the MPC 8002 and copy it into the D136 folder. When you boot up you will be presented with a package tab and module tab. Do the module first let it run then reboot, then do the package let it run then reboot...Have patience in this process if machine beeps back at you when executing updates wait couple of minutes then try again.
    Hello
    Can you give me the link to download Update the Engine firmware MPC 8002

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tuanhungphoto View Post
    Hello
    Can you give me the link to download Update the Engine firmware MPC 8002
    This thread is over 5 years old dead and buried. Go away grave robber.

Yep...on yer bike