Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pro C751ex Magenta & Black sub-pump issue

I have 2 Pro C751ex machines that have the same problem. When printing it will not replenish the sub-pump tank in the Magenta or the Black. My coeds are Sc400, SC402, Sc368, Sc365 and this all depends if what is being printed has more of 1 color then the other. When I check the Sub-pump after an error code the sub-pump is depleted of toner. To solve this I have:

-Checked the clutch in SP mode to see if it comes on manually, it does. I can Manually load toner in the hoppers using SP 5804-5805
    -Replaced the sub-pump with a working one, no change
    -Replaced all PCB and HV boards with working ones, but not the EEPROM , no change
    -Did an All Clear memory, no change
    -Updated firmware to the latest per Ricoh TSRC web site, no change
    -Replaced RFID and PCB in Magenta and black, no change
    -Replaced toner bottles with New OEM ones, no change

I did a Meter read on the Voltage coming out of the wall and it fluctuated between 218 in the morning and 204 in the afternoon. I do think the Voltage fluctuation has caused this problem.
    My next step is to replace the EEPROM with a new one.

Has anyone ever had an issue like this and what should be my next step?
    Thank you

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Pro C751ex Magenta & Black sub-pump issue

Quote Originally Posted by imthinman View Post
    I have 2 Pro C751ex machines that have the same problem. When printing it will not replenish the sub-pump tank in the Magenta or the Black. My coeds are Sc400, SC402, Sc368, Sc365 and this all depends if what is being printed has more of 1 color then the other. When I check the Sub-pump after an error code the sub-pump is depleted of toner. To solve this I have:
    -Checked the clutch in SP mode to see if it comes on manually, it does. I can Manually load toner in the hoppers using SP 5804-5805
    -Replaced the sub-pump with a working one, no change
    -Replaced all PCB and HV boards with working ones, but not the EEPROM , no change
    -Did an All Clear memory, no change
    -Updated firmware to the latest per Ricoh TSRC web site, no change
    -Replaced RFID and PCB in Magenta and black, no change
    -Replaced toner bottles with New OEM ones, no change
    I did a Meter read on the Voltage coming out of the wall and it fluctuated between 218 in the morning and 204 in the afternoon. I do think the Voltage fluctuation has caused this problem.
    My next step is to replace the EEPROM with a new one.
    Has anyone ever had an issue like this and what should be my next step?
    Thank you
    218v? on US power ( 110-120 ) you have a power issue ... tell them to get an electrician in before you go out again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

I did a Meter read on the Voltage coming out of the wall and it fluctuated between 218 in the morning and 204 in the afternoon. I do think the Voltage fluctuation has caused this problem.???????????

i doubt machine would even come to ready if it s a NA machine 120v

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I did a Meter read on the Voltage coming out of the wall and it fluctuated between 218 in the morning and 204 in the afternoon. I do think the Voltage fluctuation has caused this problem.???????????

i doubt machine would even come to ready if it s a NA machine 120v
    It is nothing unusual for a production machine machine to require being on a 240V circuit. What I question is the original poster not install a proper power protection device. That is unless he enjoys replacing power supplies ans fried boards.

slapshot0

I am working with imthinman on this problem

The Pro C751 works on 208V, 50/60 Hz: More than 20A. So in the morning it the machine does come to ready and worked, but as the day went on it would go up to 220 down to 204 then back up again. That is a big difference. This Machine is in a huge print shop. We have 24 Ricoh Production printers. Where the C751 was at was a C900, but they had to rewire the breaker box to add 2 110V for the Fiery and finisher.

I just replaced the BCU and EEPROM from another machine. Still no change.

Me and imthinman, think the machine thinks the Sub-pump is full when it's not, but we already replaced the sub-pump from another working machine.

At this point, I we are going to replace the wiring harness for the pumps.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You might want to contact some one like Dranetz Power monitoring equipment to have them come out and give you and the print plant operator a demo of their line monitor equipment and some recommendations on improving their power stability and safety.

slapshot0

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You might want to contact some one like Dranetz Power monitoring equipment to have them come out and give you and the print plant operator a demo of their line monitor equipment and some recommendations on improving their power stability and safety.
    The Machine has been moved to a stable power source and the other drop cord has been fixed. We installed 2 Pro 8110 on those drops.

Update: I removed the Magenta Toner bottle just to see if it would activate a state to fill the pump, now It's doen't see the bottle. This happened before and we did an Engine clear to see the bottle again.

We have tried to force the toner using SP3051 but it fails every time and it doesn't even turn on the pumps.

Question, Why would SP3051 fail if the pumps need toner? and is there another way to force toner to the sub-pump or change the state of the end sensor to empty?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have the same issue, but in blue and black but these issues happened after changing the toner for all colors i trained the client to make, 5804, 5805 by himself its repeated daily after printing 100 SRA3 paper size ، and its not resolved by normal forced toner supply because it moves the sup bump only and its box is became empty
    If its a damaged pump how its work when excuting the bottle moving + toner supply bump + second toner clutch
    Any one have an experience for that issue
    Many thanks

Sorry disturb strings of this old post..... but I happen to came across a C751ex with same issue with Magenta..... every thing is working in output check the clutches and hopper sensor showing empty in sensor check but the pump clutch does not activate in forced or fill toner mode.... I manually activated the M pump clutch and toner did fed to hopper.....one interesting thing the customer replaced all toners at once..... any lead to resolve it....

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Sorry disturb strings of this old post..... but I happen to came across a C751ex with same issue with Magenta..... every thing is working in output check the clutches and hopper sensor showing empty in sensor check but the pump clutch does not activate in forced or fill toner mode.... I manually activated the M pump clutch and toner did fed to hopper.....one interesting thing the customer replaced all toners at once..... any lead to resolve it....
    You've been around long enough to know that you should start a new post for your own problems, grave robber.