Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP C2051 Thick Paper 3 color settings

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP C2051 Thick Paper 3 color settings

Like Slim said, if settings aren't being applied when printing, I would go into "user tools" --> "Printer features" --> "system" --> "Tray Priority" -- > and set bypass to "Driver/ Command".

I would also double check the bypass type settings. go into "user tools" --> "System settings" --> "tray paper settings" --> down a page to "bypass paper type" and set for cardstock and Thick 3.

Do you know what the counts are on your Drum and Development units? Have you done a Color Calibration yet? "User tools" --> Maintenance --> Auto Color Calibration (Should be one for copier and 3 or 4 for printer).

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

[QUOTE=wisemendistillery;850335]Long time lurker throughout the years, first time poster!

I have been trying to print on some 100lb linen textured paper. The texture is very light. Everything comes out great using the thick paper 3 setting and the bypass tray, except the colors are very faint. I know this is not a 200k professional printing machine, but I'm wondering if there is a way to put down more toner to make the the blacks blacker and the reds more red and filled in. I have included the professionally printer menu and the one I have printed

DID YOU RUN A SAMPLE ON 20LB STOCK TO SEE HOW THAT LOOKS?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

ALSO how does the fuser look?
    I actually still use a mpc2030 and outside of the crappy right door plastics I liked this series...
    I cant say how well it will do 100lb but i have a few accounts doing heat transfer sheets all the time w/out issues..
    maybe you have to find the right media to print on...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Trying to print on linen paper is pretty much impossible and it doesn't matter what machine you are using.

Check the paper specs of the paper you are using and if it doesn't have something like "laser compatible" on it, then it isn't meant for laser machines. You can ask your paper vendor for a version that is more laser friendly and probably have much better results.

I have had customers try linen before and when it doesn't work, they switch to a more textured paper which usually works much better. The trick is to make sure it says something about being able to be used in laser machines in the paper specs beyond the usual paper weight and size parameters for your machine.