Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh Pro C751 - Network Configuration

I would like to know or I want to know the steps involve in hocking this printer to the network via cat 6 cable, using rj45.

i will also be grateful if someone can share with me the printer drivers, and also how to input the IP address and subnet ip .

thanks

the printer is in Spanish as well, I will like to change it from that language display to English.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - Network Configuration

Quote Originally Posted by forumoto View Post
    I would like to know or I want to know the steps involve in hocking this printer to the network via cat 6 cable, using rj45.
    That depends on whether or not there is a Fiery involved.

i will also be grateful if someone can share with me the printer drivers, and also how to input the IP address and subnet ip .
    Drivers can be downloaded from Ricoh.com.

thanks

the printer is in Spanish as well, I will like to change it from that language display to English.
    There should be at least 2 languages installed. They are selected in User Tools. If the language you want is not available there, you will have to install the language firmware and select language(s) you want.

Technician

Does it means you can’t connect the printer direct to the network without using the E-41A, unlike some hp printers I knew of, you can assign ip to the printer and use that able to link other computers to communicate.

the fiery is not on the printer itself right, can you input direct ip to the printer and it will accept it?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Does it means you can’t connect the printer direct to the network without using the E-41A, unlike some hp printers I knew of, you can assign ip to the printer and use that able to link other computers to communicate.

the fiery is not on the printer itself right, can you input direct ip to the printer and it will accept it?
    No. I meant that the connection is different depending on the presence of a person Fiery.

Technician

Do you mind, if we can chat on skype, I think that would give us better quick messaging.

Do you have any tutorial or video or step by step Manual to read in other to get this setup.

Does it means that the c751 would have to connect to the server computer and then from the server computer to the network.

can you connect it direct to the network without the sever computer and have it setup as a standalone printer taking command from which ever user computer on the network which will be configure to send printing command to .

pls sorry for my English though, it is not my first language

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Do you mind, if we can chat on skype, I think that would give us better quick messaging.

Do you have any tutorial or video or step by step Manual to read in other to get this setup.

Does it means that the c751 would have to connect to the server computer and then from the server computer to the network.

can you connect it direct to the network without the sever computer and have it setup as a standalone printer taking command from which ever user computer on the network which will be configure to send printing command to .

pls sorry for my English though, it is not my first language
    Again it depends on whether or not it is configures to use with a Fiery. Get a service manual. Download the Operator Manual from the same Ricoh site as the drivers. The operator manual will include installing on a network.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

As far as I know, this machine can only print with Fiery attached. There is no option to print without Fiery.

Post Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - Network Configuration

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bojans View Post
    As far as I know, this machine can only print with Fiery attached. There is no option to print without Fiery.
    thanks for making it clear and open, I thought there is a way you can attach it to the network direct. So looking at it, would the machine be connect to the fiery then to the network or the machine will be connected to the network via Ethernet cable, then fiery also be connected to the Network via Ethernet cable, then how would this fiery manage the printer, hmmm

the PRO C751 has 2 network interface connectors, the 1st one is for the network and the 2nd one is to use smb/ftp scanning. Connect the LAN cable to the Fiery and then CONNECT THE NETWORK CABLE RJ45 from the PROC751 to the Fiery.
    On the Fiery You need to assign it an IP Address which You can either do on the Fiery or via the Command Workstation software that is part of the PROC751 software.
    The proc751 does not have a print controller software and the print icon only appear once the Fiery is connected