Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Accra
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    Hi,
    could someone help me with this current fault on C751, having this code on the display panel, related to stepper motor but I do not have the ď
    Look at the Point-to-Point diagram ď to really know which motor to test at the Right drawer rear or where to start frim.

    thanks for being considerate. In helping



  2. #2
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    237

    Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    A stepper motor controlled by the DRB in the right drawer has failed.

    The right drawer is the registration section.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    GIUBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    Switch to SP mode and use SP5804 to test engine operation to determine which engine is not working.

  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Accra
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    A stepper motor controlled by the DRB in the right drawer has failed.

    The right drawer is the registration section.
    yea I know that the right drawer but now to pinpoint which motor is my concern. I did attached photos of the right drawer else where in another thread

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Accra
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    Switch to SP mode and use SP5804 to test engine operation to determine which engine is not working.
    many guideline as to how to reform your suggestion, I mean how to switch to that mode?

    i really need help on locating this stepper motor error 2, or does it means the error code is not pointing to one particular fault motor?

  6. #6
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    237

    Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    Quote Originally Posted by forumoto View Post
    many guideline as to how to reform your suggestion, I mean how to switch to that mode?

    i really need help on locating this stepper motor error 2, or does it means the error code is not pointing to one particular fault motor?
    It could be a motor, a wire harness or the board. That is what YOU have to trouble shoot on sight. If it is a hard error you can follow the output tests section of the service manual to determine which motor is not turning on.

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    If you donít know how to get into SP mode you should not be touching this production machine.

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Accra
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It could be a motor, a wire harness or the board. That is what YOU have to trouble shoot on sight. If it is a hard error you can follow the output tests section of the service manual to determine which motor is not turning on.

    i have checked all
    harness Connector connecting all
    motors behind the right drawer assembly and all seems fine. I am suspecting the board in the drb but I want to be sure if I shoukd
    get the point to point diagram to read and cross check before.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    6,685
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    Quote Originally Posted by forumoto View Post
    i have checked all
    harness Connector connecting all
    motors behind the right drawer assembly and all seems fine. I am suspecting the board in the drb but I want to be sure if I shoukd
    get the point to point diagram to read and cross check before.
    HOW are you checking them? visually? NOT GOOD enough..

    very least you need to know how to read and use a multi/ohm meter.!

    do you have a service manual?

    can you enter service mode?

    otherwise get off your wallet and Pay a Trained tech!

  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Accra
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh Pro C751 - SC590-2 Stepper Motor Error 2

    Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    If you donít know how to get into SP mode you should not be touching this production machine.
    i do work on other brand of printers, therefore if am not that smart on this particular one, does not means I canít be extra careful as to what I touch and what not to touch. On the contrary everything in man life has a small beginning which will multiply in time, I need help and guideline to carry out this task and I have come to seek for this here, if today am being one of your student or apprentice, should not be like I should not give in my try best, even though I have knowledge on other brand .

    i need help that is all

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here