Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    3503z scanning issue

Re: 3503z scanning issue

If your op panel firmware is out of date, it could be why you don't see the SMB settings on the panel, try looking for them in WIM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Here is the debug log...does this mean anything to anyone? I have no clue what this is:

[1203/161033.272:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(469)] failed to stat report
    [1203/161205.963:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(469)] failed to stat report
    [1203/161302.298:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(469)] failed to stat report
    [0123/114028.276:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(469)] failed to stat report
    [0123/134348.653:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(469)] failed to stat report

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Maybe connect the machine directly to a laptop and test scan to folder. That way you bypass all possible points of failure just to confirm that the problem is not the actual machine.

If successful move it to one of the network points where you have a working machine if possible as someone else mentioned.

If successful it's maybe a faulty point, network cable or even the port on the switch itself. Not knowing the layout of the network I still suspect that area has its own switch that lost a setting when they cut the power.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Maybe connect the machine directly to a laptop and test scan to folder. That way you bypass all possible points of failure just to confirm that the problem is not the actual machine.

If successful move it to one of the network points where you have a working machine if possible as someone else mentioned.

If successful it's maybe a faulty point, network cable or even the port on the switch itself. Not knowing the layout of the network I still suspect that area has its own switch that lost a setting when they cut the power.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I like that idea...thanks man, I'll go through those steps next.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Anybody know what that debug log is all about? Do i need to do something with that?

Technician

This is crazy!! We need to isolate this!

Setup SMB on your laptop and test each copier.

Yes the FW is different for the Z model. Send me a direct PM and I'll send it to you. However, you should be able to update the FW via the Service Mode - last option. Try using 8.8.8.8 to ping out from the copier 1st

Regarding the FW - did you do package or romdata?

Oh! Make sure you check all the share options on your laptop.

All the best. Don't forget to PM me.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magic View Post
    This is crazy!! We need to isolate this!

Setup SMB on your laptop and test each copier.

Yes the FW is different for the Z model. Send me a direct PM and I'll send it to you. However, you should be able to update the FW via the Service Mode - last option. Try using 8.8.8.8 to ping out from the copier 1st

Regarding the FW - did you do package or romdata?

Oh! Make sure you check all the share options on your laptop.

All the best. Don't forget to PM me.
    Yes i have the different firmware for the Z model...i can send you a screenshot of what i have in a PM.

I did romdata

will do

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Sorry for the delay on this thread...it is not for lack of effort though.

So, to take care of the customer, I just replaced the machine. So i now have the culprit back in my office where i can tinker with it.

My question now is, since this is a smart panel version (and the only one in my shop), can i use boards from regular 3503's? Are those the same or different? I am under the impression that just the operation panel is different and uses different firmware? Am i wrong about that? Because I would like to start changing boards to see if that's the cause.

Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    3503z scanning issue

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Sorry for the delay on this thread...it is not for lack of effort though.

So, to take care of the customer, I just replaced the machine. So i now have the culprit back in my office where i can tinker with it.

My question now is, since this is a smart panel version (and the only one in my shop), can i use boards from regular 3503's? Are those the same or different? I am under the impression that just the operation panel is different and uses different firmware? Am i wrong about that? Because I would like to start changing boards to see if that's the cause.

Thanks
    The boards are the same, but there are settings in SP mode that have to be switched and there are different firmwares (Normal and SOP) for the machine when an Smart Op is installed.
    Don't remember exactly, but you may have to update the firmware to SOP f/w before swapping the board to the Smart Op machine, and Vice Versa if taking a Smart Op board and putting it in a Normal Op machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    The boards are the same, but there are settings in SP mode that have to be switched and there are different firmwares (Normal and SOP) for the machine when an Smart Op is installed.
    Don't remember exactly, but you may have to update the firmware to SOP f/w before swapping the board to the Smart Op machine, and Vice Versa if taking a Smart Op board and putting it in a Normal Op machine.
    Interesting...so you can essentially downgrade a Smart Op machine to a regular and upgrade a normal 3503 to a z model simply with firmware and settings in the SP mode?

I have firmware for both, unfortunately don't know the settings in SP mode that need to be switched and the last thing i want to do is mess with stuff in there i shouldn't