Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Burleson
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    17

    3503z scanning issue

    I hate these scans issues because it could be a million different things....

    I have a customer with (4) MP C3503's...1 of the 4 is a Z model. Their IT guy on site has all 4 hooked up to scan to a folder on their network server. 3 of the 4 work absolutely fine. The Z model however, stopped working last week, the only thing anyone can think of happening in regards to the machine is someone turning the breaker off to that room it was in.

    When i say "stopped working", i mean just the scans. It prints, faxes, pings, WIM pulls up. But as soon as you send a scan it immediately goes to "waiting" in the file status. Again all machines have the same folder authentication credentials and same path mapped out...the other 3 work fine.

    I reformatted the HDD, did 5-801-10 & 11, brought a fresh copy of firmware with me. The only thing that the ROM didn't match with the NEW on the firmware was the System/Copy. Updated. Still no go.

    Did a side by side comparison of the Interface Settings List from 2 of the other 03's there and they are identical.

    Any ideas? I'm stumped

  2. #2
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    10,482
    Rep Power
    237

    Re: 3503z scanning issue

    Possible corrupted firmware for supporting SMB v2/3. Try reflashing.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Burleson
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: 3503z scanning issue

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Possible corrupted firmware for supporting SMB v2/3. Try reflashing.
    I'll check the SMB v2/3...

    Pardon my ignorance, what do you mean by reflashing?

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    3503z scanning issue

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    6,685
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: 3503z scanning issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    I'll check the SMB v2/3...

    Pardon my ignorance, what do you mean by reflashing?
    reload.. do one module at a time

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    3503z scanning issue


    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    889
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: 3503z scanning issue

    I am not familiar to the z model, does it use the same firmware? Where do you find information on the z model?

    Is the machine on the same subnet as the other three machines?

    Can you ping the server from the machine?

  6. #6
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts 8T2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Secunda, Mpumalanga
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: 3503z scanning issue

    Is the machine on static IP of DHCP?

    As anothertech said could be a configuration issue. Thinking if someone cut power to that area maybe there's a switch that also lost power and a setting changed.

    I would also check if I can find the share folder if I browse the network via the machine

    Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Burleson
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: 3503z scanning issue

    Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I am not familiar to the z model, does it use the same firmware? Where do you find information on the z model?

    Is the machine on the same subnet as the other three machines?

    Can you ping the server from the machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Is the machine on static IP of DHCP?

    As anothertech said could be a configuration issue. Thinking if someone cut power to that area maybe there's a switch that also lost power and a setting changed.

    I would also check if I can find the share folder if I browse the network via the machine

    Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Different firmware from the regular 03's...same subnet...have not tried pinging from the machine.

    And that's a good idea to browse the network via the machine to see if i can find the folder. I'll give that a shot.

    I'm going back today i'll report any findings, Thanks all

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    KENT
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: 3503z scanning issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    I hate these scans issues because it could be a million different things....

    I have a customer with (4) MP C3503's...1 of the 4 is a Z model. Their IT guy on site has all 4 hooked up to scan to a folder on their network server. 3 of the 4 work absolutely fine. The Z model however, stopped working last week, the only thing anyone can think of happening in regards to the machine is someone turning the breaker off to that room it was in.

    When i say "stopped working", i mean just the scans. It prints, faxes, pings, WIM pulls up. But as soon as you send a scan it immediately goes to "waiting" in the file status. Again all machines have the same folder authentication credentials and same path mapped out...the other 3 work fine.

    I reformatted the HDD, did 5-801-10 & 11, brought a fresh copy of firmware with me. The only thing that the ROM didn't match with the NEW on the firmware was the System/Copy. Updated. Still no go.

    Did a side by side comparison of the Interface Settings List from 2 of the other 03's there and they are identical.

    Any ideas? I'm stumped

    Could be DNS issue. Try using PC name instead of IP within the path. You said FW OK? Mmmmm....

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Nanaimo
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: 3503z scanning issue

    is it possible to move the machine to a working machine location and test it there to eliminate a network issue?
    Has smb 2 / 3 been somehow disabled on this unit in the WIM?

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Burleson
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: 3503z scanning issue

    Ok I just went out...still not working. Thankfully this client is about 5 min away from me.

    Here are my findings.

    I could ping the server from the machine.
    I could not browse the folder though from the machine, it says connection failed immediately. However, it also does the same thing on the other machines. I believe firewall or network settings with the server there doesn't allow that.
    I reflashed the firmware.

    I noticed I couldn't find the SMB advanced client settings to enable smbv2/3. Which means either my firmware is old or something is wrong there.
    Before I go down that trail though I noticed on one other machine it also didn't have the SMB advanced client settings just the same and it still scans just fine.

    One thing worth mentioning that their onsite IT guy just clued me into, was that apparently the machine dropped a debug log sheet into the scans folder that the scans were being sent to...it was sent on the morning of the power outage. He emailed the error log and I will post it when I get back to my computer. But does that have anything to do with it? We've tried multiple subfolders of scans that the other machines are working on so we aren't trying to send it to the same folder where that debug log is.

    Is this a software or hardware issue?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here