Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by teoadams View Post
    From the attached pdf manual installation directory can be on c root

    What do you mean with SM?
    As this machine has been discontinued for a long time now there is a 2020 main firmware only on my ricoh I should think this now could only be done by engineer not end user via control panel information would be in the engineer service manual

  2. #12
    Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by teoadams View Post
    From the attached pdf manual installation directory can be on c root

    What do you mean with SM?
    You could Always thy posting a thread on service manual forum someone maybe able to help good luck

  3. #13
    Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Milano
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    As this machine has been discontinued for a long time now there is a 2020 main firmware only on my ricoh I should think this now could only be done by engineer not end user via control panel information would be in the engineer service manual
    This is also possible but from the pdf guide it seems to be a normal firmware update

  4. #14
    Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Milano
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Did you attempt to update with the fresh download?

    Yes with the same error

  5. #15
    Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Milano
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    I'm not expert in this firmware structure but from all the attemps I tried to do it seems to me that this unfound bootloader file could be on the machine's ROM...

  6. #16
    Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Milano
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    You could Always thy posting a thread on service manual forum someone maybe able to help good luck

    Good idea, now I will post the message there

  7. #17
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    7,835
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by teoadams View Post
    I'm not expert in this firmware structure but from all the attemps I tried to do it seems to me that this unfound bootloader file could be on the machine's ROM...
    it's built into firmware

  8. #18
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,308
    Rep Power
    269

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by teoadams View Post
    1) Extracting files to c:\v1.72

    2) Downloaded from: Aficio SP C220S/C221SF Downloads | Ricoh Global

    and from: SP C220S/C221SF download page

    3.1) launched self extracting downloaded file z88959L10.exe

    4.1) launched UpdateTool.exe (with and without admin privileges)

    5.1) tried with F/W Update (NET) and printer IP address and got error message

    6.1) tried with F/W Update (USB) and printer IP address and got error message

    3.2) opened downloaded file z88959L10.exe with winrar and manually extracted to c:\v1.72

    4.2) same as 4.1

    5.2) same as 5.1

    6.2) same as 6.1
    Where you launching UpdateTool.exe? The desktop, Start - run or from file explorer? If it is not launched correctly, it may not be starting in the folder where the data files are located.

  9. #19
    Copier Technician 250+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by teoadams View Post
    Good idea, now I will post the message there
    Also ask on there if they could email or private message you the extracted FW file

  10. #20
    Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Milano
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C221 SF / 1.72 Firmware update

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Where you launching UpdateTool.exe? The desktop, Start - run or from file explorer? If it is not launched correctly, it may not be starting in the folder where the data files are located.
    I'm launching from file explorer

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here