Thread: ricoh sp c250

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

ricoh sp c250

Hate to ask but could someone please help me out on this small color laser printer. it spits out some blue in spots but most of the blue is not there, I tried a new cyan unit but that did not help , the machine says density senser needs cleaned, I have no ideal how to get in to the service mode or even where this sensor would be.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh  sp c250

Re: ricoh sp c250

Quote Originally Posted by mrgene View Post
    Hate to ask but could someone please help me out on this small color laser printer. it spits out some blue in spots but most of the blue is not there, I tried a new cyan unit but that did not help , the machine says density senser needs cleaned, I have no ideal how to get in to the service mode or even where this sensor would be.
    If sounds like just needs new cyan toner it's one assy including pcdu.
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh  sp c250

Ricoh stopped putting how to access SP mode in their service manuals years ago.

From an older manual here is the way used on most Ricoh printer only models:
    Method 1:
    1. Turn the machine on while pressing the “Online” key and “Escape” key together for five
    seconds or more.
    2. "[SP mode (Service)]” shows on the display.
    If you switch the machine off, any jobs stored on the hard disk using the sample print and protected print features will be deleted.
    Method 2:
    1. Press the “Up/Down arrow” keys together for about 5 seconds or more, and then press
    the “OK” key.
    2. "[SP mode (Service)]” shows on the display.
    The machine automatically goes off line when you enter the service mode.
    Key names may have cjhanged

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Read your user manual for how to clean Id sensor. Call a tech that knows this printer.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh  sp c250

Quote Originally Posted by mrgene View Post
    if dirty with the new cyan toner it could be the transfer or it is the residue of the old toner, however, clean everything by removing all the groups. The sensor is at the bottom you have to remove the cyan and you should notice a lever with a blue plate to indicate that you can move it to the left and a spring reposition it to the right, this movement makes the sensor clean.