Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sp c362dnw printer - sc-332-01

Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    Attachment 46423I found this little thing blocking the mechanism which opens the toner internal shutter. It is left there since installation from the customer. Toner external shutter opens at installation. The internal shutter opens by a lever when operator lowers the toner/pcu's cover. F.Y.I.

Hope you got sorted now

Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    Attachment 46423I found this little thing blocking the mechanism which opens the toner internal shutter. It is left there since installation from the customer. Toner external shutter opens at installation. The internal shutter opens by a lever when operator lowers the toner/pcu's cover. F.Y.I.
    Hello Polo,

I have the exact same behavior / issue with my SP C 360 : HE Toner cartridge empty really fast (few hundred pages), SC-332-01 error message every few copies (can recover for few more pages after restart, more pages can be printed if I carefully shake the toner cartridges as required when we install new ones) but the message keeps coming :/

So : where did you found this little black & white piece ? I installed myself the printer, the installation procedure doesn't mention this little guy and I don't recall taking it out. The external shutter position seems obvious for me but I don't know where is the "internal shutter mechanism" .

Thank you for providing the picture and info. I hope I'm not far away from resolving the issue

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Hello 'neoworld',
    i wish i could help you furthermore...
    This tiny thing (black with transparent mylar) must be removed at installation,
    pulling an orange tape in front and right corner of the printer.
    Is this a new installed printer?

Thanks for the very quick reply !

The issue started after twelve months so it is too late to ask Ricoh for help / replacement :/
    But yes I remember having to pull the strings as per the documentation. But I don't remember what came with it

Does it make sense to take a few pictures of the toner cartridge bay / front bay / PCDU / drum ? On your case, the person who installed the printer forgot to remove the tapes or it is possible to remove it "badly" ?

Do you know how the internal shutter is actionned ? I do see two cogs on the toner cartridges (one big and one small). The small one is well in contact with the cogs on the bay. The Big one looks like connected to nothing (there is a metal rail on the bay with no cogs). I can see the external shutter open with a small black plastic "stick" coming from the PCDU located under.

I hope the long explanation help and thank you again

https://support.ricoh.com/bb_v1oi/pu...1/D0A07705.pdf

At Step 7 you can see where this item is located and must be removed.

And there it was. Waiting to be removed

Thanks Polo, savior of my printer

Unbelievable!!!!!!