Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: SP 4510DN with SC899

Quote Originally Posted by marvin-vegan View Post
    In our country, we call it "grammatical nazi" Don't take it personally though Keep in mind, I am not a native speaker. Just guy trying to help

I apologize if I touch your feelings.

OOuu kay, next time I will try to be more precise. "Always" meant, "always for me", "always for printer models". I agree that word "always" is sometimes misleading, but remember, this is just discussion web, engineers of all the world trying to give their best knowledge, so it will never be 100% objective, most of times subjective point of view of author. These pages are merely a blend of free thoughts, not official vendor support. If somebody here suggests a possible cause of problem and subsequent solution (worked in author's case), your junior tech will try that mentioned procedure as one of attempts to solve the problem. If that would not work, he will then move to another workaround and so on. Classical procedures, then you try some more solutions, eliminating those nonsense ones at first but when you run out of solutions, you will start to test those non-likely to be solutions

And for Debs, thank you again for your support! I hope you will success with some of these helps, please let us know

I think it's good to support newcomers, encourage them for posting and discussing and not to insult them (because somebody non-intentionally touched your feeling due to different language, after all this is international website, people from all around the world meet here. Engineer from U.S. can have same problems as guy in old continent ) So we should find the way how to communicate with each other, not looking for differences (even in language). Especially for people hanging here for years, defending their territory as something belonging only to them (no offense, please I beg you, do not react to this comment)
    Hi marvin. Not thread related but could you possibly introduce yourself and tell us more about your experience in proper forum:
    https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/newbie-check-in-/
    You will instantly notice that slimslob is the member most welcomed new comers
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    SP 4510DN with SC899

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Hi marvin. Not thread related but could you possibly introduce yourself and tell us more about your experience in proper forum:
    https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/newbie-check-in-/
    You will instantly notice that slimslob is the member most welcomed new comers
    +1 I welcome all newbies also

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

We're all noobs at one point.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

SP 4510DN with SC899

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    The model in the title is a printer only model, otherwise it would have been SP 4510SF, so it didn’t need clarifying.

The constant bitching, and trying to prove that you’re better than others is one reason I’ve kept away so long. Surely everyone is here for similar reasons, why can’t everyone just get along and stop with the nastiness. Life is too short.
    This is aimed at lots on this site, I’m not pointing fingers.
    Not pointing any finger BUT yet you quote Slim?????

hahaha nice try.

SP 4510DN with SC899

This bruhaha seemed to be because slim objected to someone using "always" and "never" when troubleshooting a copier. For the record, I've been down this road with someone else using those words. I agree with slim. Very rarely is that the case and I hate those words. lol

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    This bruhaha seemed to be because slim objected to someone using "always" and "never" when troubleshooting a copier. For the record, I've been down this road with someone else using those words. I agree with slim. Very rarely is that the case and I hate those words. lol
    I've heard those two words should be officially stricken from the English language.

I totally agree!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

SP 4510DN with SC899

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I've heard those two words should be officially stricken from the English language.

I totally agree!

Do you remember someone saying to NEVER use universal print drivers?

English not being my mother language I was caught few times in this trap. Not the best feeling in the world when you know you meant something completely different and failed to describe well enough. It always take me a-l-o-t of time to post a single reply because of spell check, idioms check, google check etc.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

SP 4510DN with SC899

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    English not being my mother language I was caught few times in this trap. Not the best feeling in the world when you know you meant something completely different and failed to describe well enough. It always take me a-l-o-t of time to post a single reply because of spell check, idioms check, google check etc.
    Just curious, where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Just curious, where are you from?
    That's pretty easy check your PMs