Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP2851 can receive faxes but not send

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Must admit, i kind of just breezed through a lot of the replies, but a couple of things I picked up on is that you mentioned in your first post that you called the fax from a regular line and got a fax tone, "why"?......That's always been the case, the machine will/ should pick up and try and receive.
    2nd......Since very few customers even using fax anymore, I stopped carrying a cheap handset that's been mentioned earlier, but if you press "on hook" and don't hear a dial tone, in order to isolate the problem, I simply disconnect a handset from one of the office phones, and plug it directly into the wall jack. No dial tone? It's Not a machine problem.
    I will definitely be doing that when I get there on Monday. I'll disconnect the line and put a normal phone in. And run some tests like dialing out from there.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP2851 can receive faxes but not send

Went to the check the machine today. After doing some testing and checking for dial tone and trying to fax out the fault was found. A damaged telephone cable which connects from inside the PABX system to the machine for faxing (just like a standard telephone cable with a rj11 connector on it ). Unfortunately I didn't have access to the internals of the PABX system to change it.

PABX guys should be in 1 of the days to sort the fax line out.

Thank you to everyone for your help and advice.