Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Fiery for Ricoh MP C4504

Hey all, I have one customer that requests Fiery on their machine. They are still using their MP C4501 with fiery and wanted to get a MP C4504 with fiery as well.

The 01 had an actual fiery unit attached to the base, upon doing some research for the 04 I wasn't sure exactly how or if the fiery is an option.

Does the MP C4504 support fiery or just the MP C4504ex? Is it just a controller you can download? SD Card? If so could anyone point me in the right direction on how to install it on the machine?

Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Fiery for Ricoh MP C4504

Re: Fiery for Ricoh MP C4504

It is listed in the Product Support Guide only the guide does not use the term "fiery." I found it searching EFI, the company that makes fiery.
    Color Controller E-23C, EFI Controller, EDP Code 417486
    Since it is not in the service manual, installation instructions will most likely be included with the product.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It is listed in the Product Support Guide only the guide does not use the term "fiery." I found it searching EFI, the company that makes fiery.
    Color Controller E-23C, EFI Controller, EDP Code 417486
    Since it is not in the service manual, installation instructions will most likely be included with the product.
    Thank you sir

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Fiery for Ricoh MP C4504

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Hey all, I have one customer that requests Fiery on their machine. They are still using their MP C4501 with fiery and wanted to get a MP C4504 with fiery as well.

The 01 had an actual fiery unit attached to the base, upon doing some research for the 04 I wasn't sure exactly how or if the fiery is an option.

Does the MP C4504 support fiery or just the MP C4504ex? Is it just a controller you can download? SD Card? If so could anyone point me in the right direction on how to install it on the machine?

Thanks
    Ask yourself this, does the customer really NEED a fiery/colour controller? Unless they use MACs & do a lot of graphic/PDF work these make little difference to an office copier.

If they are using an old C4501 I doubt they need one on a newer model.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Ask yourself this, does the customer really NEED a fiery/colour controller? Unless they use MACs & do a lot of graphic/PDF work these make little difference to an office copier.

If they are using an old C4501 I doubt they need one on a newer model.

I agree....and honestly I don't think they do. They just need good cq which the 04 will deliver. But in the off-chance they are hell bent on it I wanted to be prepared.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Some customers actually use the Fiery how it was actually designed to be used, with color profiles and settings that work in their environment.

If that’s the case, changing to an onboard controller would be a culture shock, and would be a definite downgrade.

It could go either way, based on their past Fiery experience.

Those are the types of questions that need to be asked.

Note that Fieries are anything but cheap. If they are asking for one, they likely are already aware of the costs involved, and have made a commitment toward it already.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Fiery for Ricoh MP C4504

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Some customers actually use the Fiery how it was actually designed to be used, with color profiles and settings that work in their environment.

If that’s the case, changing to an onboard controller would be a culture shock, and would be a definite downgrade.

It could go either way, based on their past Fiery experience.

Those are the types of questions that need to be asked.

Note that Fieries are anything but cheap. If they are asking for one, they likely are already aware of the costs involved, and have made a commitment toward it already.
    I would put the money towards a MP C6004 they would see a huge improvement over their old C4501.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

The C4501 with a Fiery was a total nightmare, and the pair required constant attention.

There were TONS of updates to be installed, and reimaging was a frequent occurrence. (I only had 2 of them in the field, and they both drove me nuts.)

The newer models work MUCH better.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins