Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Missing counter when printing (Ricoh 3000)

I only can do that on Monday at my work place, but the video shows clearly that at display doesn't show the counter while the machine is printing, thats why i was showing the paper coming out at same time.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Missing counter when printing (Ricoh 3000)

Quote Originally Posted by xXFlipPTXx View Post
    I only can do that on Monday at my work place, but the video shows clearly that at display doesn't show the counter while the machine is printing, thats why i was showing the paper coming out at same time.
    One of the buttons on the bottom of the screen may allow you to pull up the job status display.

Technician

Hi again,
    i've tried to find anywhere, can't get that option enabled on Ricoh MP C3000... i'm almost giving up on this... Yesterday i've recorded this video, printing on a Ricoh MP C6001, and as you can see at the display we can see the counter enabled and counting:

and here on a Ricoh MP 3000, we can't see the counter and i don't know where to enable or is a issue machine... :

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Let me reiterate, forget the out of focus videos. They are worthless. Send a clear photograph. You you can't hold your portable device steady enough to get one, hire someone who can

Technician

What's wrong with the videos? It is so hard to see them? I'm not shaking a lot.... They're showing very clearly the diference and the issue that i've mentioned here...
    But ok, i'll get a good picture...

Product specialst support marvin-vegan's Avatar

checkout the sp - mode 5-888-001 if it is not in "1". it is generally protecting the info about the job owner. It puts asterisks in the name field..could affect also your counting.

otherwise I would backup NVRAM 5-824 (nvram upload) = you need empty SD card in service slot2 (usually the lower one).

After backuping, I would try to do NVRAM clear, starting with SP 5-801-003 and 004, 005 and above. Please follow the service manual. This is highly advanced troubleshooting. Could cause serious damage if you don't know how to proceed. If not necesarry I would not do 002 /engine reset - it affects color calibration as well, white correction when scanning.

Either your problem is with some wrong SP parameter or maybe MP C3000 does not support this feature? Are you 100% convinced this counter was presented at the beggining?
    Because Aficio MP C3000 is GW05 - meaining it's controller is more than 15 years old.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marvin-vegan View Post
    checkout the sp - mode 5-888-001 if it is not in "1". it is generally protecting the info about the job owner. It puts asterisks in the name field..could affect also your counting.

otherwise I would backup NVRAM 5-824 (nvram upload) = you need empty SD card in service slot2 (usually the lower one).

After backuping, I would try to do NVRAM clear, starting with SP 5-801-003 and 004, 005 and above. Please follow the service manual. This is highly advanced troubleshooting. Could cause serious damage if you don't know how to proceed. If not necesarry I would not do 002 /engine reset - it affects color calibration as well, white correction when scanning.

Either your problem is with some wrong SP parameter or maybe MP C3000 does not support this feature? Are you 100% convinced this counter was presented at the beggining?
    Because Aficio MP C3000 is GW05 - meaining it's controller is more than 15 years old.
    The C3000 is one of the models that have 3 SD slots. The Service Slot is Slot 3.
    Slot 1 is used for the standard printer/scanner application only.
    Slot 2 is used for one of the optional applications: PostScript 3, Data Overwrite Security Unit, PictBridge, VM Card
    Slot 3 is used for installing the Browser Unit, VM Card, or for service only (for example, updating the firmware).

Product specialst support marvin-vegan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The C3000 is one of the models that have 3 SD slots. The Service Slot is Slot 3.
    Slot 1 is used for the standard printer/scanner application only.
    Slot 2 is used for one of the optional applications: PostScript 3, Data Overwrite Security Unit, PictBridge, VM Card
    Slot 3 is used for installing the Browser Unit, VM Card, or for service only (for example, updating the firmware).
    I was not sure, I remember also Aficio MP161SF had 3 slots, but maybe these two series Stella and Athenas maybe.. After that all new models have now only two slots

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marvin-vegan View Post
    I was not sure, I remember also Aficio MP161SF had 3 slots, but maybe these two series Stella and Athenas maybe.. After that all new models have now only two slots
    Except for the D042 MP C2000 which was just a slower version of the C3000, if the product code started with a D, it only has 2 controller SD slots.