old SPC220n: Smart Organizing Monitor Fuser SC reset

anyone recall how the Fuser SC reset would work on the PRINTER version of the SPC220n.

I have tried to reset a SC543 and SC541 code using the Smart Organizing Monitor. Get that on the PC monitor and get to the correct screen for resetting the fuser codes but nothing seems to happen when I click on the Fuser SC reset tab.

Does something appear on the PC monitor when you do that? I have half thought the program may not be working properly. It seems to read the information from the printer correctly but I don't think it sends information to it correctly...tried to update the firmware for the heck of it and it wouldn't change to a different screen in the SOM mode.

- has new fuser unit, engine board was replaced (SC543) and the controller board was just replaced. Thought maybe it had a problem communicating with the computer. fuser unit was replaced after the fuser codes appeared.

when the engine board was initially replaced with the original controller, the machine did make some mechanical noises- which it didn't do at all otherwise- and then threw up a SC541. Someone forgot to plug in 1 of the fuser connectors. D'oh!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    old SPC220n: Smart Organizing Monitor Fuser SC reset

Re: old SPC220n: Smart Organizing Monitor Fuser SC reset

If the cause of the code has not been repaired, and that includes properly reconnecting ALL connectors, the code will be immediately generated again.