Hi, hope someone can help with this printer. It seems to be very similar to the Ricoh C410DN, hence why I've posted it in the Ricoh sub-forum, but the more experienced here will probably know if these machines have more or less in common with each other. When I slide the board out of the back of the unit, it has Ricoh chips on it, the board has the code MDK332V-0.

It came from one of our engineering labs (3rd level education), was told it was working fine before it was moved, of course now, it's giving an error code. When I turn it on, I get an SC-921 error. Now, I found a site with error code pages for the Ricoh, and it said the following...

• Code: 921
  • Description: Printer font error
    No font is detected in the machines that have the font in the SD card when the printer application is run.
  • Causes: Install the System, Printer Application, NIB, and Web System firmware.
  • Remedy:

No remedy was given though. Maybe the error is different on the Gestetner?

Anyway, on that board that I slid out the back of the unit, I can see where SD cards could be inserted, but there are no SD cards present. And the thumbscrews on the covers that protect the SD cards if inserted, well, I'd say they've never been undone, they're very tight. And I'd be surprised if anyone would have had the idea to take an SD card out if there was one to begin with.

Anything I can do to see if this is worth getting running again? Thanks for any help.