Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Ricoh MP C307 Doesn't Work After Moving

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Mark is 100% correct!
    The wi-fi setup is ONLY for the Op panel, and not for printing and scanning.
    You're obviously in over your head.
    Contact someone who knows what they're doing
    Then is there no other way for it to print wirelessly without contacting the machine distributor?
    I'm only asking here because it seems to have people who know what they're doing.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Wrong order. the machine sends out a connect request when you press the connect on the machine. If the router is not looking for connect requests at the time you press the button on the C307 it will not see it. You have to start with the router.

More schooling needed I see.
    • AP means Access Point. It is the network device providing wireless access. Usually the router if it has wireless capability or a network switch with wireless capability. It is the device where all the wireless setup for the network is done.
    • You have to log in to the AP as the device administrator. As part of the wireless setup is a list, usually in table form, that shows all devices that have properly attempted to connect either by WPS or by typing in the access code. Some of the information it will show the name of the device, the MAC (Migration Authorization Code) of the device, the IP address if one was assigned and whether it is permitted or blocked.

If the C307 does not appear in the table it did not connect. If it appears but is blocked, the administer has to enable it. Most intelligent network managers configure their wirerless to block all unknown devices. THis helps prevents hackers from accessing their network. It is also a good idea to do so on your home router if you don't want all your neighbors stealing your wireless bandwidth.
    Actually, according to what the machine says, when you tap on the "Connect" button on the machine, it'll 'search' for a router that has its WPS button pressed within 2 minutes (and in range) of you pressing that "Connect" button. When I checked the screen later, it said "Successfully Connected... "

However, a stated by the others on this thread, it seems a though that only connects the network to the touch screen (I think you called it the SOP) rather than the printer/scanner.
    I'm not really sure how to connect the printer function (if it is possible at all) to the router wirelessly, so that it can be used by other devices on the same internet network. It actually already has a wireless lan board installed.

One last thing I would like to mention is that the distributor (Rabbit Office Automation) first set up the printer at the old location. I don't know if that affects anything.
    I am just an End User after all, who just spent a while reading through the manuals on how to print wirelessly, so I'm lacking on technical terms.
    Last edited by JosuOh; 09-28-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C307 Doesn't Work After Moving

Try connecting your laptop directly to the wired network jack. If you get a link light, then it may have not been connected wireless before. If so and there is no network near the C307 you can always connect using a WiFi range extender.

Technician

Try connecting your laptop directly to the wired network jack. If you get a link light, then it may have not been connected wireless before. If so and there is no network near the C307 you can always connect using a WiFi range extender.
    Would that jack be the Type-B USB jack or the ethernet jack? Where the Type-B jack is supposed to be, there is a Wireless LAN board instead. The ethernet jack is connected to an ESP Power Conditioning System, which I have no idea how to use/what it does.
    There is a network nearby the C307, so should I just try directly hooking it up to the router?

Many thanks for the help so far.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JosuOh View Post
    Would that jack be the Type-B USB jack or the ethernet jack? Where the Type-B jack is supposed to be, there is a Wireless LAN board instead.
    Then it does have the extremely over priced internal wireless option installed.

The ethernet jack is connected to an ESP Power Conditioning System, which I have no idea how to use/what it does.
    That most likely should be connected to a conputer running the ESP power monitoring software. If there are 2 Ethernet jacks they are for adding surge protection to an Ethernet connection.

There is a network nearby the C307, so should I just try directly hooking it up to the router?

Many thanks for the help so far.
    The wireless option has to be configured manually from the operation panel through User Tools - Machine Features - System Settings - Interface Settings - LAN type. It is covered in the controller options portion of the installation section of the service manual. If you need a service manual, private message me with your email address. If you want to try a directly hooking to the router, you will need to change the LAN type back to Ethernet. If Ethernet is not shown as an option you will need to physically remove the wireless option board.

Technician

Then it does have the extremely over priced internal wireless option installed.

That most likely should be connected to a conputer running the ESP power monitoring software. If there are 2 Ethernet jacks they are for adding surge protection to an Ethernet connection.

The wireless option has to be configured manually from the operation panel through User Tools - Machine Features - System Settings - Interface Settings - LAN type. It is covered in the controller options portion of the installation section of the service manual. If you need a service manual, private message me with your email address. If you want to try a directly hooking to the router, you will need to change the LAN type back to Ethernet. If Ethernet is not shown as an option you will need to physically remove the wireless option board.

Thanks for the explanations, and now a lot of things are a lot clearer.
    My main issue with this MPC307 is that it has the WLAN card, it's configured to connect to the same wifi as our other (MPC2004EX Printer), everything seems to be setup properly, but it can no longer connect to the computer it was setup on, nor any other device.
    I tried using the Easy Setup method, but that just made it rejoin the network and solved nothing.

It's set to Infrastructure mode, and the permissions for the machine is setup on the original host computer.

I simply cannot understand why it cannot connect to anything, even though it's connected to the same wifi and has good signal with all of the drivers installed/setup. I can not use the printer jack since it's blocked by the wifi card.

Is there anything I can do to get it to connect to a device again? Not even the mobile QR code seems to work.

Thanks again for your help.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for the explanations, and now a lot of things are a lot clearer.
    My main issue with this MPC307 is that it has the WLAN card, it's configured to connect to the same wifi as our other (MPC2004EX Printer), everything seems to be setup properly, but it can no longer connect to the computer it was setup on, nor any other device.
    I tried using the Easy Setup method, but that just made it rejoin the network and solved nothing.

It's set to Infrastructure mode, and the permissions for the machine is setup on the original host computer.

I simply cannot understand why it cannot connect to anything, even though it's connected to the same wifi and has good signal with all of the drivers installed/setup. I can not use the printer jack since it's blocked by the wifi card.

Is there anything I can do to get it to connect to a device again? Not even the mobile QR code seems to work.

Thanks again for your help.
    The mobile QR code for the Smart Panel works with a couple of Ricoh connection apps to tell the mobile device how to connect to the C307.

There is a possibility that the Ricoh WiFi option is defective. Or since the antennas do not plug to the face of the option card but instead appear to connect inside, the antennas connection may have shaken loose during transport. It won't to power down, pull the option card and re-seat everything.

Technician

Well, I've tried everything I could try, including resetting to defaults and setting everything up again, but it looks like it cannot connect to anything.
    The printer has the expensive Ricoh Wifi Card. I have it set to Wireless LAN connection mode, and used the Easy-Setup Mode to connect to the router.
    At this point, I'm just curious as to the original steps to setting up Wireless Printing on the MPC307.
    If someone could just give a step by step guide for that, that'll be great, as the guide for setting it up seems to not work.

Trying to print using the Ricoh Connector App in any of the options on the printer doesn't work either. Neither does using a USB Cable to connect to a device.

If the only option is to ask for a the Distributor for assistance, then also please let me know.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Well, I've tried everything I could try, including resetting to defaults and setting everything up again, but it looks like it cannot connect to anything.
    The printer has the expensive Ricoh Wifi Card. I have it set to Wireless LAN connection mode, and used the Easy-Setup Mode to connect to the router.
    At this point, I'm just curious as to the original steps to setting up Wireless Printing on the MPC307.
    If someone could just give a step by step guide for that, that'll be great, as the guide for setting it up seems to not work.

Trying to print using the Ricoh Connector App in any of the options on the printer doesn't work either. Neither does using a USB Cable to connect to a device.

If the only option is to ask for a the Distributor for assistance, then also please let me know.
    Disable that Ricoh WiFi interface. Don't worry about removing it unless you have a slot cover to replace it with.
    1. Press the "User Tool" icon.
    2. Press "Machine Features" > "System Settings"
    3. Select "Interface Settings"> "Network" > "LAN Type" and change it back to Ethernet.

Get a WiFi range extender such as the TP Link N300. You can get them for under $20 from Ebay, Amazon, Walmart or Office Depot. The newer ones have a WPS button for easy setup.

1. Plug your Range Extender into a power outlet near your main Router/AP.

2. Push the WPS button on your main Router/AP first, then immediately push the WPS button on your Range Extender.
    Note1: After you have pushed WPS button of your Router/AP, you need to push WPS button of your Range Extender within 2 minutes. So we strongly suggest you should push WPS button of your RE product as soon as you have pushed WPS button of your router.
    Note2: After pushing the WPS button of your Router/AP, your Router/AP’s WPS LED should blink. If your Router/AP’ WPS LED doesn’t blink, it means you need to push the WPS button again until the WPS LED of your Router/AP blinks. The same reason is also suitable for RE product. After pushing the WPS button of your Range Extender, the WPS/RE light of your Range Extender should blink. If not, push again.
    You can now move the range extender to where the MP C307 is and connect it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If it won’t work with the USB port you have other issues.