Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Question Ricoh MP C307 Doesn't Work After Moving

I have a Ricoh MP C307 that was set up in another location, but when it was moved to a new office (network and everything else was also moved to the same office) the printer couldn't be found on the network. I've connected it to the network a couple times (through manual connection and WPS), but it still doesn't show up when scanning for devices on the network even though the wlan signal is at 100%. I tried using the mobile app for QR code scanning as well, but none of the connection methods seems to work.
    It was previously set up by a company called "Rabbit Office Automation".

The office has another printer, MPC2004 EX, on the same network, and that one shows up when you search for printers.
    If I missed anything important, please let me know how to solve this issue!

Re: Ricoh MP C307 Doesn't Work After Moving

Make sure network drop is active

Sounds ike You have no network connection

ping your machine

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Make sure network drop is active

Sounds ike You have no network connection

ping your machine
    Well, the wlan signal on the machine says it's connected (Machine settings > Interface Settings > Wireless Settings > WLAN Signal), and the web browser works as well.
    Also, how do I ping the machine when I can't even connect to the machine in the first place?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C307 Doesn't Work After Moving

Quote Originally Posted by JosuOh View Post
    Well, the wlan signal on the machine says it's connected (Machine settings > Interface Settings > Wireless Settings > WLAN Signal), and the web browser works as well.
    Also, how do I ping the machine when I can't even connect to the machine in the first place?
    If you turn the C307 off and can still ping the address successfully, then some other device is using the same IP address.

You mention "Wireless Settings." Does it have Ricoh's POC internal wireless option installed? If so did the external WiFi antenna get moved with it? If not it has a usable range of a few feet. Even with the antenna you often have to experiment with the antenna's placement in order for in to work.

Or are you talking about the limited range WiFi of the SOP? Needs to be very close to a WiFi access point or extender. It is intended for connecting a mobile device while standing in front of the C307.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you turn the C307 off and can still ping the address successfully, then some other device is using the same IP address.

You mention "Wireless Settings." Does it have Ricoh's POC internal wireless option installed? If so did the external WiFi antenna get moved with it? If not it has a usable range of a few feet. Even with the antenna you often have to experiment with the antenna's placement in order for in to work.

Or are you talking about the limited range WiFi of the SOP? Needs to be very close to a WiFi access point or extender. It is intended for connecting a mobile device while standing in front of the C307.
    Pinging the machine does not work at all. I get no response from the machine.

I believe that the Ricoh POC internal wireless option is installed, but I don't think there is an antenna. However, the WLAN Signal seems to be fine and doesn't seem to affect the workings of the printer.

So, there's a tab in the machine called "Wireless LAN" that also shows the Wireless LAN Signal (Machine Features > System Settings > Interface Settings > Wireless LAN). It shows that it is connected to the internet. Does that mean that only the screen is connected to the wifi and the machine itself isn't connected? I'm asking this because I moved the printer in front of the router & modem, then connected the printer through WPS, and lastly tried scanning the network for the machine. However, the printer does not show up on the network when using other devices, and the mobile QR Code reader also doesn't seem to work on it.

Does this mean that I still require an external WiFi antenna for it? Or does this simply mean that the wireless option only works for the smart screen instead of the printer as a whole?

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Well that's probably the problem these machines are not wifi standard use network cable and make sure ieee802 is inactive the control panel is wifi not the machine this is a common problem caused by users and it companies
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I'm asking this because I moved the printer in front of the router & modem, then connected the printer through WPS, and lastly tried scanning the network for the machine.
    What are the exact steps you took in connecting through WPS? After "connecting" did the C307's MAC appear in the connected device table of the of the AP?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    What are the exact steps you took in connecting through WPS? After "connecting" did the C307's MAC appear in the connected device table of the of the AP?
    I connected through WPS by using the Easy Setup Mode's Push Button Option. I simply pressed connect on the machine, then pressed the WPS button on the router it was to connect to.
    I don't know what you mean by "appear in the connected device table of the of the AP" as I just connected it to a router. All I know is that it doesn't show up on the network when scanning for devices on the network.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I connected through WPS by using the Easy Setup Mode's Push Button Option. I simply pressed connect on the machine, then pressed the WPS button on the router it was to connect to.
    Wrong order. the machine sends out a connect request when you press the connect on the machine. If the router is not looking for connect requests at the time you press the button on the C307 it will not see it. You have to start with the router.

I don't know what you mean by "appear in the connected device table of the of the AP" as I just connected it to a router. All I know is that it doesn't show up on the network when scanning for devices on the network.
    More schooling needed I see.
    • AP means Access Point. It is the network device providing wireless access. Usually the router if it has wireless capability or a network switch with wireless capability. It is the device where all the wireless setup for the network is done.
    • You have to log in to the AP as the device administrator. As part of the wireless setup is a list, usually in table form, that shows all devices that have properly attempted to connect either by WPS or by typing in the access code. Some of the information it will show the name of the device, the MAC (Migration Authorization Code) of the device, the IP address if one was assigned and whether it is permitted or blocked.

If the C307 does not appear in the table it did not connect. If it appears but is blocked, the administer has to enable it. Most intelligent network managers configure their wirerless to block all unknown devices. THis helps prevents hackers from accessing their network. It is also a good idea to do so on your home router if you don't want all your neighbors stealing your wireless bandwidth.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Well that's probably the problem these machines are not wifi standard use network cable and make sure ieee802 is inactive the control panel is wifi not the machine this is a common problem caused by users and it companies
    Mark is 100% correct!
    The wi-fi setup is ONLY for the Op panel, and not for printing and scanning.
    You're obviously in over your head.
    Contact someone who knows what they're doing