Question Ricoh 8310 output second tray

Hello community!

The situation is I have Ricoh 8310 S printer and am using it with 2019 Win print server. Printer has additional modules, including finisher with 3 output trays. Third one is booklet tray and is not a point of this issue.

I have found that for some reason I can make it print to the second tray on the endpoint PC only using PCL 6 Universal print driver, changing the only option - output tray to Finisher tray 2. But when I try to do the same operation on print server - choosing Finisher tray 2 in printer driver output preferences - I don't get the same result and all the tasks i send from the print server get to tray 1.

Tried different drivers and settings types, changed to server side rendering but nothing helped. As i said, the only driver that really works in our setup is the PCL 6 Universal print from ricoh website.

Would be grateful for any response on this.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 8310 output second tray

Re: Ricoh 8310 output second tray

Which PCL6 for universal print are you using? If it is the PCL6 V4 Driver for Universal Print, it could be the problem. Microsoft V4 print structure does nor support all the features of most MFP devices. See pcl6 driver not accepted in a "add network printer" demand.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 8310 output second tray

To change the setting globally on the server, you need to make the change under the Advanced tab and Printing Defaults. This will make all clients connecting to the device use these settings unless manually changed on the client end.

Screenshot 2021-11-02 115155.jpg