Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2851 Poor print quality

Re: Ricoh MP2851 Poor print quality

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    ...except schools
    No I personally trained keyop's and teachers on everything from loading paper/toner to finding/clearing jams.

The hardest part was teaching them simple/duplex jobs using light cardstock
    And storing address book entries.
    It took 1.5hrs ( unless they were boxes of rocks. )

I kept records that proved the little extra time spent at the gitgo saved a lot of stupid calls.

I also put a bottle of IPA and a few blue roll towels w/ pictures to show symptoms and the fix for lines on copies.

Every three months I'd go out for a refresher course if needed.

The keyops really grabbed the reins and rode that pony. A few schools even bought a 3m Toner Vac to keep them clean.

It was great being a Service Manager!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    No I personally trained keyop's and teachers on everything from loading paper/toner to finding/clearing jams.

The hardest part was teaching them simple/duplex jobs using light cardstock
    And storing address book entries.
    It took 1.5hrs ( unless they were boxes of rocks. )

I kept records that proved the little extra time spent at the gitgo saved a lot of stupid calls.

I also put a bottle of IPA and a few blue roll towels w/ pictures to show symptoms and the fix for lines on copies.

Every three months I'd go out for a refresher course if needed.

The keyops really grabbed the reins and rode that pony. A few schools even bought a 3m Toner Vac to keep them clean.

It was great being a Service Manager!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Guess we should have invest more time in user training but on the other hand the customers person in charge need to assign some people to talk with. That was usually the janitor - in most cases running some dude around with some sort of "I don't give a shit" attitude

Most user errors I recall was damaged drums/hot rollers thank's to the use of special tools during jam removals (scissors, envelope openers..) or OHP foils not suitable for high temperature.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2851 Poor print quality

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Guess we should have invest more time in user training but on the other hand the customers person in charge need to assign some people to talk with. That was usually the janitor - in most cases running some dude around with some sort of "I don't give a shit" attitude

Most user errors I recall was damaged drums/hot rollers thank's to the use of special tools during jam removals (scissors, envelope openers..) or OHP foils not suitable for high temperature.
    With most of the schools I had it was the IT person. When he called with a problem we knew there was a machine problem and not an operator error.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    With most of the schools I had it was the IT person. When he called with a problem we knew there was a machine problem and not an operator error.
    That's nice having somebody competent to talk to - in most of our schools the IT guy and janitor was kind of the same person

I admit this is my experience up to around 2010, nowadays schools use way more IT/mediastuff.