Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MP 3555 Jam 019

MP 3555 Jam 019

Working on a MP 3555 that give a J019 ON DUPLEX ONLY. The Device has 104137 on the meter. The issue is present on all paper tray and paper size. The fuser clearly turns for single sided and will run flawlessly. The fuser appears good...no signs of wear. On Duplex the second side seems to buckle and attempts to exit between the fuser and Door B ( See Attached Picture). All sensors and rollers have been cleaned. Ideas are welcome.

Frank3555.jpg

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP 3555 Jam 019

Re: MP 3555 Jam 019

I've got next to no experience on this particular model, but I witnessed what sounds like the exact same issue on an install that I was contracted to do a while ago.
    It was a refurbished unit - although I use that term very lightly for the person I was contracted by (hack!) .

Anyway, I was only there to connect it to the network, etc, but it was brought to my attention that before I arrived they'd been using it for copying, and it was constantly jamming ONLY when duplexing.
    I spent very little time trying to resolve it because that wasn't what I was there for, but I was informed at a later time that it was determined that there was a gear in the turnaround section that had become dislodged.
    I've attached a page from the parts catalog showing what I believe to be the gear that was the cause.
    I hope it's of some help.
    Exit section.pdf