Technician

Aficio SP 4310n Paper Size Mismatch In Tray 1 Error.

Hey folks,

I'm trying to print 8 1/2" x 11" from Tray 1 but keep getting the following error on an Aficio SP 4310n:

Paper size mismatch in Tray 1. Change Paper. 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".

I've changed the paper size settings, no go. Followed other troubleshooting suggestions in the hardware manual, but again, no go.

Is there some configuration that I'm missing. Do I need to do something in service mode?

Thanks in advance.

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: Aficio SP 4310n Paper Size Mismatch In Tray 1 Error.

What size is loaded in tray? What paper size is the document on PC?

If it's a dirty paper size sensor or faulty tray detecting incorrect size on printer you can try manually setting paper size in user tools to match the paper loaded.

If the printer is detecting the correct size paper that's loaded change the paper size of document on PC

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Aficio SP 4310n Paper Size Mismatch In Tray 1 Error.

Quote Originally Posted by saibajustica View Post
    Hey folks,

I'm trying to print 8 1/2" x 11" from Tray 1 but keep getting the following error on an Aficio SP 4310n:

Paper size mismatch in Tray 1. Change Paper. 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".

I've changed the paper size settings, no go. Followed other troubleshooting suggestions in the hardware manual, but again, no go.

Is there some configuration that I'm missing. Do I need to do something in service mode?

Thanks in advance.
    Where are you changing the paper size setting at, the dial in the paper tray, the control panel (requires that the dial is set to *) or in page format for what is being printed? Paper size mismatch means that the size set in the printer does not match the page format setting for the document. And if I remember correctly the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" indicated the paper size the computer is requesting.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Document size is probably 5 1/2 x 8 1/2

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Where are you changing the paper size setting at, the dial in the paper tray, the control panel (requires that the dial is set to *) or in page format for what is being printed? Paper size mismatch means that the size set in the printer does not match the page format setting for the document. And if I remember correctly the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" indicated the paper size the computer is requesting.

OMG! I'm such a newb!

I didn't know there was a dial in the tray to adjust the paper size. That was the issue. It's all resolved now. Btw, I was trying to adjust to a paper size of 8 1/2" x 11".

Thanks guys for all your help and patience. My learning journey continues...