Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ricoh SP112 seen as SP 111SU

Dear experts

I'm struggling with a SP112 (non su) on laptops (win 10, 11, linux, even an android smartphone)

This printer , when connected is identified as a sp 111 su, its connected to USB5 and seen as "unknown device".

From that, I''ve tried all possible, driver updates, remove drivers etc.. on my windows machines with no success.
    (PCs are uptodate, drivers last version from Ricoh, cleaning drivers, trying to push the sp112 drive to the sp111su as update etc...) : all failed.

I feel that this wrong hardware identification lock the USB port and then, whatever I do, I can't establish the communication with the printer.

Any deep tech advices ? or is it dead ?
    I've never seen a case like that, but I don't want to give up.

Thanks a lot

JM

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh SP112 seen as SP 111SU

Re: Ricoh SP112 seen as SP 111SU

Quote Originally Posted by jmj View Post
    Dear experts

I'm struggling with a SP112 (non su) on laptops (win 10, 11, linux, even an android smartphone)

This printer , when connected is identified as a sp 111 su, its connected to USB5 and seen as "unknown device".

From that, I''ve tried all possible, driver updates, remove drivers etc.. on my windows machines with no success.
    (PCs are uptodate, drivers last version from Ricoh, cleaning drivers, trying to push the sp112 drive to the sp111su as update etc...) : all failed.

I feel that this wrong hardware identification lock the USB port and then, whatever I do, I can't establish the communication with the printer.

Any deep tech advices ? or is it dead ?
    I've never seen a case like that, but I don't want to give up.

Thanks a lot

JM
    Sounds like you are allowing the OS to setup up the driver for you. That always leads to problems. It uses a DDST interface that rasterizes print-data on the host computer that is submitting the job. There is no print controller on the printer. The driver is only available for Windows and Windows server. Download the driver from Ricoh.fr. Run the self extracting file and chose a folder to install the files. Once the files are extracted, open that folder. In the folder there is a README HTML file. Open that file as it contains the instructions for properly installing the driver.

USB5 is the label that Windows assigned to the USB port that the SP112 is connected to. It has been more than 15 years since I installed a DDST printer but I think that the driver install, when used properly, will actually find the port the printer in connected through.

Good luck

P.S. You may be able to get it to work on Linux through a Windows virtual machine.

Hello

Thanks for tapking time to rpely to my request

I've strictly followed the process described, but it ends at the same result.
    The Sp112 driver is installed, visible in the list of printers.

Then, I connect the printer and the sp111su appears in the device manager as unknown device
    Automatically connected to USB5.

And from there, nothing can be printed.

From that, I'ev tried to force the sp112 driver to the false Sp111, butr I got an error message saying that the driver is not signed or defective.

PS : on my linux machine, it appears also as a SP111su (and on my android smartphone too).

I'm puzzled.

JM

Retired 10,000+ Posts

On the Windows PC, delete the existing drivers completely and install again. OOne thing that the Install instructions fails to mention is that you must first install the RXEG1GDI.inf file so that it can be selected properly. I would also recommend installing the Smart Organizing Monitor utility. From the download page click on Utility.

One thing I am wondering about, how many USB ports does your computer have and do you know what their numbers are? In general GDI printers work best when connected to one of the faster USB ports. They work like crap if at all when connected through an external USB expansion device.

Hello

I did it this way.

Installed the smart org...
    Installed the .inf file
    manually set the printer
    Connected the printer : sp111 su appeared in the peripheral and printer page and in the device manager.

So i have SP112 as a printer (USB1) and sp111 su as unknown device on USB5

of course, nothnig works

tried
    - move sp112 to usb5. SP112 vanished form devices
    - not working of course

Sp111 su seems to miss his driver. Tried to force SP112 , but failed (driver not signed or damaged !!)
    lanched the printer troubleshooter (no risk to create more problems). reboot computer

Now Sp111su is seen as printer... but not printing of course.

At all steps, smart org manage is saying that the printer is not connected. whatever the model I choose.

I've spent hours tryong to make this sp112 works.

Last chance ?

JM

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Hello

I did it this way.

Installed the smart org...
    Installed the .inf file
    manually set the printer
    Connected the printer : sp111 su appeared in the peripheral and printer page and in the device manager.

So i have SP112 as a printer (USB1) and sp111 su as unknown device on USB5

of course, nothnig works

tried
    - move sp112 to usb5. SP112 vanished form devices
    - not working of course

Sp111 su seems to miss his driver. Tried to force SP112 , but failed (driver not signed or damaged !!)
    lanched the printer troubleshooter (no risk to create more problems). reboot computer

Now Sp111su is seen as printer... but not printing of course.

At all steps, smart org manage is saying that the printer is not connected. whatever the model I choose.

I've spent hours tryong to make this sp112 works.

Last chance ?

JM
    Try it with the Device Software Manager downloadable from the SP C262SFNw utilities, for example.

Hello

I tried.
    But as long as the printer is seen sp111 su and not as printer, no luck.

any other idea ?

best regards

JM

Hello

I tried.
    But as long as the printer is seen sp111 su and not as printer, no luck.

any other idea ?

best regards

JM

Hello, Any luck on this issue. I have the same issue with SP111 being detected on my SP112 device under windows 10.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sxristi View Post
    Hello, Any luck on this issue. I have the same issue with SP111 being detected on my SP112 device under windows 10.

Thank you.

Hello

unfortunately I decided to give up and discarded the printer.

my only conclusions are
    - the device is corrupted and for whatever reason it creates the issue
    - the driver has been badly updated at a certain point messing the device ID with the wrong parameters.

I"ve spent countless hours trying ot fix this.

It's a pitty, but sometimes we have to atke decision.

Good luck

JM

Hello

unfortunately I decided to give up and discarded the printer.

my only conclusions are
    - the device is corrupted and for whatever reason it creates the issue
    - the driver has been badly updated at a certain point messing the device ID with the wrong parameters.

I"ve spent countless hours trying ot fix this.

It's a pitty, but sometimes we have to atke decision.

Good luck

JM
    Actually, I had the printer working a few years ago on a windows 7 pc. I do not think that the problem is corruption of your device. I believe it is just a software issue and window 10 incompatibility. I did struggle with the windows 7 install a few years back and once I got it installed it was a great printer. Now windows 10 is giving us an issue and picks it up as SP111.... I will try to see if a linux workaround gets it running again.

Either way if anyone else reads this link and was able to get the Ricoh SP 112 working under windows 10 let us know the procedure. Thanks.