Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Convert BLACK PCDU to Color in SP C360/C361

Has anyone tried?
    Recently one of these printers is generating some spots of cyan color, we assume that it is from the image unit of that color. Although visually it is not appreciated in the unit failure or stains on the drum, roller or the cleaning brush.
    1b5670f6.jpgc8df9801.jpg
    If it were the transfer system the spots would be rather dark or multi-colored.
    2c6b877c.jpg
    To our amazement the Cyan color image unit, cannot be ordered alone, and comes in a kit with the other 2 colors, unlike the Black image unit, which can be ordered alone.
    According to the specifications of the device, the color units should support 12K prints/unit, but it has hardly any 4k outputs.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Convert BLACK PCDU to Color in SP C360/C361

Re: Convert BLACK PCDU to Color in SP C360/C361

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    To our amazement the Cyan color image unit, cannot be ordered alone, and comes in a kit with the other 2 colors, unlike the Black image unit, which can be ordered alone.
    According to the specifications of the device, the color units should support 12K prints/unit, but it has hardly any 4k outputs.
    All three color units being sold together is quite common for a "printer" where the end user replaces their own. Average cost per unit is actually less. Based on older MFP drums, there may be a something mechanical that will prevent the black drum from fitting as well as a wiring difference.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Has anyone tried?
    Recently one of these printers is generating some spots of cyan color, we assume that it is from the image unit of that color. Although visually it is not appreciated in the unit failure or stains on the drum, roller or the cleaning brush.
    1b5670f6.jpgc8df9801.jpg
    2c6b877c.jpg
    4k and you need to purchase CMY imaging units kit I guess it probably costs more than machine. Ouch...I feel your embarrassement. Maybe it's time to scrap that machine for a good reason.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    4k and you need to purchase CMY imaging units kit I guess it probably costs more than machine. Ouch...I feel your embarrassement. Maybe it's time to scrap that machine for a good reason.
    Impossible to discard the machine. It was sold 2 years ago and has contracted a maintenance (displacement + repairs + consumables).
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Has anyone tried?
    1b5670f6.jpgc8df9801.jpg
    2c6b877c.jpg
    This morning and passed by the client, and after reviewing the image units more carefully, do not observe anything strange.
    What was my surprise that to check other areas (already suspecting that it could come from another place), I observed something strange in the area of the Cleaning Unit of the ITB. A piece of paper.
    a30d39ca.jpg f9bd237d.jpg
    Luckily after extracting the ITB and checking that I did not damage the unit or the cleaning sheet, I reassembled everything and the machine began to work with the quality of always (well... with which you can give this model xD LoL).
    Last edited by UNICORNico; 06-17-2022 at 09:27 AM. Reason: SOLVED