Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Ricoh's sense of humor? 5510L Firmware Update Progress

Quote Originally Posted by monarke4 View Post
    The brochure I have for the 5510L/5510NF is dated c1996.

The brochure I found for the Aficio 5000L has no copyright date, but lists compatibility for printer drivers all the way back to Windows 3.x !!!
    1996? I think the Fax 5000 was introduced >2000 here in EU - kind of the "big brother" for the Ricoh Fax 2000/1800. Before that we had a lot of Ricoh Fax 2700/4700 out there with^one of the the shittiest Dev unit ever made. And before that I can barely recall some Ricoh fax that used an OPC master-belt instead of drum

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh's sense of humor?  5510L Firmware Update Progress

Re: Ricoh's sense of humor? 5510L Firmware Update Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    1996? I think the Fax 5000 was introduced >2000 here in EU - kind of the "big brother" for the Ricoh Fax 2000/1800. Before that we had a lot of Ricoh Fax 2700/4700 out there with^one of the the shittiest Dev unit ever made. And before that I can barely recall some Ricoh fax that used an OPC master-belt instead of drum
    Windows 98 was the latest O/S explained for use with the Aficio 5000L for the Internet Fax (NIC) specification and print drivers.

The last O/S for the Ricoh 5510L/5510NF listed on the brochure is Windows XP. Earliest O/S listed is Windows 95. I have the drivers for Windows 7, and Ricoh's download site currently has the Windows 8 drivers.

Though the Aficio 5000L brochure is dated c1996 I seem to remember that many manufactures introduce literature 6 months to 1 year before the product actually available for purchase through dealers.

I remember a Ricoh machine which had an OPC belt. I owned one. It was a rectangular box, with quite a bit of metal in it's make-up, very heavy. I seem to remember it had one paper tray on the side, but could also be used with an additional tray assembly (or stand) where paper was fed from the bottom of the machine at the center of the cabinet. I do not remember the model number. I do remember it had two gas filled exposure lamps and as a replacement part were incredibly expensive.