Technician

Ricoh PC 600 (Kyocera) SC 271 occurs

Unit keeps throwing SC 271 codes (laser cleaner) I am able to clear by manually lifting up laser cleaner drive worms and jostling cleaners a bit, This time I hit the worms with a bit of G grease. Code came back on reboot. We have a tech that said he had this issue and disconnected cleaner motor after removing cleaner pads. Looks like it is cn26 on engine relay board. Anybody familiar with this problem? Machine is in very dirty shop environment I have no problem returning every 6 months to clean laser glasses but this issue is once a month. T.I.A.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: Ricoh PC 600 (Kyocera) SC 271 occurs

Don't know the ricoh machine, but the problem you describe is identical to the kyocera M65xx series colour machines. Also, yes to unplug the connector on the engine pwb , I believe it's 25 on the service manual, or it may well be 26 as you mentioned It is a red 2 pin connector. Make sure all the cleaner sponge is to the left side. You can manually turn the screw till it reach there.
    The left cover should be removed and the fan and its ducts be vacuumed out.
    If you unplug the cleaner motor, then obviously you cannot do the laser glass cleaning from the menu. You would not get error message for the unplugged motor wire and the machine would function normal.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Technician

Re: Ricoh PC 600 (Kyocera) SC 271 occurs

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Don't know the ricoh machine, but the problem you describe is identical to the kyocera M65xx series colour machines. Also, yes to unplug the connector on the engine pwb , I believe it's 25 on the service manual, or it may well be 26 as you mentioned It is a red 2 pin connector. Make sure all the cleaner sponge is to the left side. You can manually turn the screw till it reach there.
    The left cover should be removed and the fan and its ducts be vacuumed out.
    If you unplug the cleaner motor, then obviously you cannot do the laser glass cleaning from the menu. You would not get error message for the unplugged motor wire and the machine would function normal.

Thank You Subaro, I ended up removing the cleaners and the drive worms disconnecting cn 26 on the engine board and thoroughly cleaning laser glasses. I know I will be in there cleaning them manually every couple months but better than them being down for the service code.