Senior Tech 250+ Posts

IM C4500/6000 upgrade

I apologize if this is a dumb question, I swear I researched it but canít find it for some reason. Iím trying to find on Ricoh website if there has been a new model released that is the upgrade for the IM C series.

Anybody know what the next step is for that?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts davidmtupper's Avatar

Re: IM C4500/6000 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    I apologize if this is a dumb question, I swear I researched it but canít find it for some reason. Iím trying to find on Ricoh website if there has been a new model released that is the upgrade for the IM C series.

That would be the IM C4510/6010. There are also IM C2010/2510 and IM C3010/3510 models. Different color scheme, very few parts interchange, they went away from the belt in the ADF and now offer a toner bottle lock to prevent changing the toner before it's empty.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IM C4500/6000 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post

IM C4510(A) all-in-one A3 colour laser printer | Ricoh United Kingdom
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Sorry for the late reply, OK thatís awesome. Thanks so much for that information, I donít know why it was such a struggle for me to find it.

I started to get worried that there was no upgrade path for these

Originally the plan was to use the xx00 chassis for long term, but I think that someone realized that that would destroy future sales. "What do you mean my new machine is the same machine I already have?" would have been a common response to salespeople with no new models.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    IM C4500/6000 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    Originally the plan was to use the xx00 chassis for long term, but I think that someone realized that that would destroy future sales. "What do you mean my new machine is the same machine I already have?" would have been a common response to salespeople with no new models.
    They can still use the basic chassis but with improved electronics, features and supplies. Look at how long the "basic chassis" for the Martini series lasted.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davidmtupper View Post
    That would be the IM C4510/6010. There are also IM C2010/2510 and IM C3010/3510 models. Different color scheme, very few parts interchange, they went away from the belt in the ADF and now offer a toner bottle lock to prevent changing the toner before it's empty.
    I am really curious to know what compatibility there will be between the xx00 series and the current xx10 from IMC.

I don't think it would be profitable for you to make a new series of drums, developers, etc. I understand that the most important improvements are in the software, connectivity and performance:
    - Processor (Intel)
    - RAM (DDR4, I think)
    - Storage unit (SSD) It's about time!

Is anyone else interested in seeing if the xx10 accepts the xx00 PCDUs? xD hahaha xD
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    I am really curious to know what compatibility there will be between the xx00 series and the current xx10 from IMC.

I don't think it would be profitable for you to make a new series of drums, developers, etc. I understand that the most important improvements are in the software, connectivity and performance:
    - Processor (Intel)
    - RAM (DDR4, I think)
    - Storage unit (SSD) It's about time!

Is anyone else interested in seeing if the xx10 accepts the xx00 PCDUs? xD hahaha xD
    You might think that, but very few parts interchange between the 2 series, WTB and paper tray feed rollers are among them but the imaging section is not, nor is the toner. The ADF is a new design, no more belt, so little interchange there as well.