Move a Ricoh ProC9200 to a new location. Any major precautions needed to be taken???

Moving a Ricoh ProC9200 to a new location. Any major precautions needed to be taken??? I plan on using a truck with lift obviously. Any tips on tear down or reassembly would be greatly appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Move a Ricoh ProC9200 to a new location. Any major precautions needed to be taken???

Re: Move a Ricoh ProC9200 to a new location. Any major precautions needed to be taken

all depends on what attachments that you have on that production machine. basically, separate all of the attachments. then you should be good.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Move a Ricoh ProC9200 to a new location. Any major precautions needed to be taken

Unless you have all the proper straps needed to properly secure everything in the truck and while it is on the lift gate, hire a professional moving company to do the actual loading and transporting. If anything adverse happens, their insurance should cover it.

If you are an end user and not a trained tech, call your nearest Ricoh dealer to do the job. They know how to disassemble, move and reassemble properly. They have insurance as well.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDX_KILLA View Post
    Moving a Ricoh ProC9200 to a new location. Any major precautions needed to be taken??? I plan on using a truck with lift obviously. Any tips on tear down or reassembly would be greatly appreciated.

To be honest if you're having the ask that question i'd get a professional logistics company to move it for you.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDX_KILLA View Post
    I would get a technician to disassemble the machine for you. The two main parts of the machine are married together and there are cables connecting the parts depending on what exact machine you have it can be more. (soft update mid life of the machine). Additionally there is a pin that is placed in the swift unit to make sure that doesn't get damaged in transport. If that unit gets damaged I have heard it costs like $15K to replace it, so it is well worth spending the money to get a tech to come in and get it ready for transport.