Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    pabloh007

Ricoh 1357 EX vs Koncia MInolta BizHub 1200

Which of the two units are better?

Or are they more or less the same thing trying to decide who to go with on these two units

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    I was a BizHub fanboi for years and resisted when my employer went with Ricoh (on-site tech). Having PM'd the Ricoh 1357 and the Biz 1200 (as well as the Biz 6501 and Ricoh C900) I can say, with no hesitation, go with Ricoh.

The Ricohs (color & mono) are unbelievably easy to work on, much quieter, toner loads much easier and the units you PM with and rebuild are tech friendly. I had a whole lotta disdain for beige copiers but was amazed at how they beat my preconceptions.

pabloh007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    I was a BizHub fanboi for years and resisted when my employer went with Ricoh (on-site tech). Having PM'd the Ricoh 1357 and the Biz 1200 (as well as the Biz 6501 and Ricoh C900) I can say, with no hesitation, go with Ricoh.

The Ricohs (color & mono) are unbelievably easy to work on, much quieter, toner loads much easier and the units you PM with and rebuild are tech friendly. I had a whole lotta disdain for beige copiers but was amazed at how they beat my preconceptions.
    Thanks. Our company is leaning towards ricoh.. But Konica minolta claims they are not the same is it true the Konica is Vacuum Fed while the Ricoh is only Air Assisted? Whats the difference?

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Sorry, Pabloh - just saw this.

I didn't have a problem with the KM toner delivery and haven't had to deal with Ricoh yet either, maybe I'm just lucky. I can say that the disassembly procedure for the Konica is far more complex and, while in school, it was indicated that you'd be dealing with this at some point during the life of the machine. I remember looking at it and noting there were many points of potential failure. The Ricoh disassembly looks to be much more straightforward.

And yes, the KM is much more reliant on vacuum pressure to move black dust.