Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dereka

Wink aficio 2035 and 2550 fax baud rate

Good afternoon!

I am hoping someone out there knows how to adjust the baud rate for the fax modem on both an aficio 2350 and 2550. I am trying to configure them to run on VoIP but I need to slow them down...also if you have any ideas on turning off ECM that'd be helpful as well.

Thanks for your help!

-Derek

Senior Tech 100+ Posts George J's Avatar
    To turn the ECM off on the Aficio 2035:

User menu - fax settings - key op tools (?) - ECM (it's somewhere in the last tab, doing this from memory)
    Baud rate is in the service menu - Fax SP ... somewhere it's labeled pretty clearly though, so not that hard to find.

dereka
    Thanks for your reply George. I found the ECM...but I went through all the service menu options and do not see anything related to the baud rate. There isn't anything that indicates what baud rate it is set at...nor is there anything indicating I can change it. The only thing I can find is related to G3-1, G3-2, G3-3....I assume those are related to the lines themselves? However, there all I see are switches that can be changed...I've no idea if this is the correct spot to start playing...nor do I know what should be changed to set a static baud rate. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Derek

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    aficio 2035 and 2550 fax baud rate

You can adjust TX and RX rates through the bit switches G3-1 switch 05 and G3-1 switch 06. V.8 protocol must be off to do this (G3 switch 03, bit 2)
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

dereka
    Hi mikadonovan,

Thanks for that info. One last quick question...do you know what the bit settings need to be for 14.4 and 9600? Sorry I am very new at making these kinds of changes to machines...we're using Cisco ATAs and the symptoms we're experiencing (according to Cisco's TAC) are due to the baud rate being too high.

Thanks,
    Derek

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    All the bit switch settings are listed in the Fax Operator's Manual, you can download it from Ricoh's website.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.