Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

Samsung Printing Division sold to HP. Thoughts?

Greetings all.

Was just wondering how everyone is feeling about Samsung Printing Division being sold to HP? We have been partners with Samsung for the last 2 years and we are quite impressed with Support and overall experience with them. I have zero experience with HP, but have heard horror stories from quite a few colleagues (terrible support, parts, etc). Not sure we are gonna carry forward when the change happens in the coming months. Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

All the best! Now get back to work!

Mitch

Re: Samsung Printing Division sold to HP. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Barron View Post
    Greetings all.

Was just wondering how everyone is feeling about Samsung Printing Division being sold to HP? We have been partners with Samsung for the last 2 years and we are quite impressed with Support and overall experience with them. I have zero experience with HP, but have heard horror stories from quite a few colleagues (terrible support, parts, etc). Not sure we are gonna carry forward when the change happens in the coming months. Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

All the best! Now get back to work!

Mitch
    I am also not sure about the level of service afterthe recent purchase. I can only hope that HP will continue to let Samsung manage the business or they will jst do things the way Samsung does them. Time will tell.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

Actually I know the answer to that question. Sorry for not including it before. I talked to VP of Printing Korea last week and he informed me that the "Business As Usual" will be in place until Q3 of 2017. So from around that point on there about will be a slow transition to HP service centers for parts and Service. I am really skeptic about HP after the total transition, which will be in place officially around 2019. I suppose the real question is is do you/we want to become an official partner of HP Printing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Barron View Post
    Actually I know the answer to that question. Sorry for not including it before. I talked to VP of Printing Korea last week and he informed me that the "Business As Usual" will be in place until Q3 of 2017. So from around that point on there about will be a slow transition to HP service centers for parts and Service. I am really skeptic about HP after the total transition, which will be in place officially around 2019. I suppose the real question is is do you/we want to become an official partner of HP Printing?
    It does not matter to me I guess one way or another given the fact that I service both. I still like samsung tech support and I never really had to use hp tech support so if it not good I will not use them. Lets hope they keep the model of service samsung laid out or at least build on it.