Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLX-9201

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Re: CLX-9201

Put the {.ehd} file in the root of your flash drive.
    The firmware files (.hds} can go in a folder.
    Your machine should be asking for hard drive repair or hard drive check.
    Plug in your usb drive

4.4.6.8. System Recovery
    • Service Functions > System Recovery
    This function repairs or formats the HDD of the system. To use this function, a HDD image need to be saved in a USB
    memory, and that USB memory needs to be plugged in the system before the execution.
    From the system recovery UI, Choose “SYS” to recover only the system partition of the HDD or “ALL” to recover all
    the partition of the HDD.
    When the system recovery UI is appeared after reboot, choose “HDD Repair” to repair any corrupted data in the selected
    partition or choose “HDD Format” to format the data in the selected partition.
    The password of this mode is 1934.
    4-40

4.3. Updating Firmware
    This chapter includes instructions for updating the printer firmware. You can update the printer firmware by using one
    of the following methods :
    • Update the firmware by using the printer control panel
    • Update the firmware by using the network.
    4.3.1. Updating from the Printer Control Panel
    WARNING
    Failure to follow these instructions could lead to corruption issues and prevent the proper operation of this printer. Follow
    all of the instructions carefully.
    1) Download the firmware file from the Global Service Partner Network (GSPN) website.
    2) Unzip the firmware file to a folder on your PC.
    3) Copy the firmware file (*.hds) to a USB flash drive.
    NOTE
    The firmware files may be up to 500MB in size. USB flash drive size must be a minimum of 2 GB.
    4) Press the button on control panel in this order. (Others > Application Management > Application > Install)
    5) Plug the USB flash drive into the USB port. “Install” button will be activated on the Application tab. Press the “Install”
    button.
    Copyrigh

Quote Originally Posted by xordi69 View Post
    Hi.

I needs to replace the HDD in a Samsung CLX-9201, but I need a HDD image and 2 unix script files...where can I find this files and the image?

Thanks.

I also have this problem today, I have the GSPN account but tried to find these file but nothing there, anyone have these 3 script file please share to me. thanks
    Note. Samsung CLX9201NA. my email mel2tobpinai@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Did you ever manage to install a new HDD?

I figured out that if you download CLX_9301_9201_EV11.11.15.03_FS11.01.00.00.75.zip from HP, unzip and rename the ehd file to EV11.11.15.03_FS11.01.00.00.75.ehd the machine will actually accept it and start to load it.
    However after a few minutes it stops and says that the (brand new) HDD is broken.
    When looking at the disk it is completely blank so it did not even create a partition table.

Do you need to use a particular Samsung/Toshiba HDD? On some other post I read about a "recovery firmware" that should be used when setting up a new HDD.
    Last edited by mrfrenzy; 11-25-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

The machine is looking for the same type of 320 gb Toshiba drive that you replaced.
    Try other non-Toshiba 320gb drives.
    One tech said he had success with WD blue 500gb.
    If you use Toshiba some copier models need to have the exact Toshiba firmware as the original

Read the few last posts in this thread
    Need HDD image files for a SL-X4300LX

Hi,
    i've a problem with my samsung CLX-9201 (MultiExpress C9201), scanner, printer ecc don't work. Probably is a problem with hard disk... I try to recovery it but i don't have the necessary file!

I try to search in hp ftp... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...SS/CLX-9201NA/ but i found only .ehd file but this file don't work!!!

Anyone have the 3 script file necessary to recovery the hard disk,please share to me. thanks matteo.beretta@hotmail.it

I've resolved!!!For recovery HDD is necessary take open the first cassette and lateral panel, push the wake up buttom when the printer is starter, and the printer acept the recovery file!
    The printer is like new!

Hello Berry!

Which model hard drive did you use?

Regards

Pierre

Original Toshiba 320 GB, after recovery the HDD is back to work!

Unhappy Re: CLX-9201

Quote Originally Posted by Berry87 View Post
    I've resolved!!!For recovery HDD is necessary take open the first cassette and lateral panel, push the wake up buttom when the printer is starter, and the printer acept the recovery file!
    The printer is like new!
    Hi Berry ! So can you guide me through this ? I don't know where the request file is ?
    Hello Berry, Currently I do not know where the request file is? So can you guide me through this?

I have the same problem, can someone send me the scripts by e-mail to admin@chrisw.pl? Thanks in advance