Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Samsung machines

WE decided not to carry them.Thanks for the input.

Technician

In South Africa we have done rather well with Samsung over the last few years. Samsung South Africa made a concerted effort, providing free accommodation and training to get our rather large support team trained and certified. Their after sales support was also great (in South Africa) with The Samsung guys in Joburg being readily available and responsive to support issues. Spares turnaround was also some of the best I have ever dealt with in 17 years of copier tech support, once having received an apology for waiting 72 hours for a part that had to be flown in from Korea (at their expense). The Samsung GSPN support site was a bit klunky, but it had all that a tech needs to get the job done, manuals, part lists, service bulletins and firmware.
    This has all changed with HP. for over a month now we have had no access to GSPN and HP has no taken over the Samsung printer division completely. We have no access to manuals, part lists, service bulletins or firmware. There is no number to call. We have access to what looks like a normal customer portal. HP have no idea what they are doing. So the short answer? Yup Run away. HP are going to stuff it up.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Samsung machines

The older ones ran good. The newer once seem cheap. Who knows how they will be now that HP bought them. Plus, you don't make much on them.

We named them Sam-Suck if that gives you any clues. We are phasing them out....no support since HP took them over.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Samsung machines

Older ones were decent. Newer ones were cheap.

Suggest you don't. Better find a another brand. They were quite good intially but ever since HP acquired them. It has caused alot of problems: parts, consumables, orders, etc, etc....

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

I've been working on these Samsung's for 7 years over 30 years of experience in the Copier/Printers field mostly Ricoh, Canon, Kyocera, and HP. Samsung equipment is lacking in a lot of areas. The newer ones are better than older ones but, now that HP owns them their technical support is a real headache parts, and supplies, also an issue. If it was me I would point them in the direction of Canon. Their technical support is second to nobody. Their Technical support with snapshot and the grid you don't even have to be certified on their equipment to get information that is needed out in the field!!!