Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Samsung x4300 9251 Screen hell

Hi,
    What is up with these screens they seem so nasty... I've replaced must be 20-30 screens now with freezing on startup or infinite boot loops or the dreaded faulty power switch which means you cant enter service mode on the 4300 series.

Does anyone know of a trick to fix the infinite boot up crash like it's there a way to reset the screen or some way to get it to boot into some safe mode?

Is there a way into service mode on the 4300 with out holding the power button? I've got countless machines with faulty buttons because users don't understand too be gentle.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Samsung x4300 9251 Screen hell

Got this exact same issue, replaced a transfer unit, went to reset the counter & the damn power button doesn't work so cant enter service mode! Agggghhhhh
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I can only agree with you. It's a bad design across the board. There is a way to reset the tablet style screens but it's not much help if the power button is dead. I reset one screen but it was quite a process, not something I'd want to do in the field. As for the older series, 9201, there's no reset that I know of.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Why does everyone say, you've been here so much we should give you an office, ha ha

Answer... It's taught on the worldwide universal training course for office workers

We have a lot these Smart UX series machines in the field. When you get screen lags and non responsive screen issues, we have found that 9 times out of 10 its HDD related. Things you can try are:-

1 - blast firmware through it if you can get it to respond enough to get it done.
    2 - If you can get into service mode re-build the hibernation file
    3 - If all of the above fails - re-image the HDD followed by firmware
    4 - Final thing is to replace the HDD.

I have found that usually you can get firmware into them and that effectively formats and rewrites the system are and hibernation area on the HDD.

I think these issues stem from cheap quality HDD in use (toshiba) and maybe customers not powering the machines off properly.

We have only had to re-image one panel, and replace another 1 panel. We have however, replaced over 7 HDDs in the last 12 months

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I have issue with the CLX-9201, where the machine just freezes up at the Samsung logo, never gets past it.

Is this the same thing you guys are talking about? I can access the web interface, but can't push firmware, as nobody knows admin password. (isn't it admin/sec00000)

Prints can be done while machine is frozen, but its intermittent.

Is there a way to push firmware with a USB drive? I booted machine with *0# and it says waiting to receive firmware. Tried samsung troubleshooting utility over usb cable, firmware update says no update available or something.

THANKS!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Is it the OPE panel PCB that needs to be replaced? on the clx-9201

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

yep the ope main board you can take apart one of those tablet and see the main board. but those board are around 250-400 bucks. the tablet might be good, if you can flip the tablet portrait you might get the android part of it out. but normally just have to replace the tablet, sorry no fix for it.

you can try putting the firmware of the tablet on a flash drive, but i think you have to use a program call phoenix to reprogram these tablets, often times, the power button on the side get broken, that will damage the tablet, make it not boot up properly. i think it looks for that button.

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    Is it the OPE panel PCB that needs to be replaced? on the clx-9201

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Got this exact same issue, replaced a transfer unit, went to reset the counter & the damn power button doesn't work so cant enter service mode! Agggghhhhh
    To clear the consumable counter can do on the machine webpage,