Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Clx-9201 stuck on boot screen

I got the same problem with 2 machines. Both solved with a f/w reloaded.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Clx-9201 stuck on boot screen

Quote Originally Posted by fornerm View Post
    Ever thought that there are several solutions to the error? For me it was my .....
    Please reread MY POST

I said IN HIS CASE

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the old firmware? I've upgraded my CLX-9201 to the latest version and the screen is stuck on logo. I can still access via Web. I need to try downgrading to a previous firmware version. I'm also not sure how to flash it - I can hold *0# and get the USB flash screen but would I just stick in the USB at this point? Any help really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by timharris86 View Post
    Does anyone have the old firmware? I've upgraded my CLX-9201 to the latest version and the screen is stuck on logo. I can still access via Web. I need to try downgrading to a previous firmware version. I'm also not sure how to flash it - I can hold *0# and get the USB flash screen but would I just stick in the USB at this point? Any help really appreciated.
    Hi,

I have the same problem. I can also access firmware download page with *0#, but do not know how to continue from here. Have you found any solution?

Thank you and best regards,
    Gregor

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gregorc View Post
    Hi,

I have the same problem. I can also access firmware download page with *0#, but do not know how to continue from here. Have you found any solution?

Thank you and best regards,
    Gregor

bootloop could be several things, bad hdd, bad main board or bad screen board.
    try disconnecting the hdd first see if reecovery mode ccoomes up, if it does then hdd is bad find another 320 hdd prefer a Western digital. then try to flash a recovery to it see if that fixes the issue. if you have another machine you can move the hdd to it to see if its the hdd on it.
    if its the main board the only way to test that is to try to format the hdd if it fails on a new 320 gb drive then main board is at fault.
    if its the screen board, you need to replace the board behind the screen.
    good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    try disconnecting the hdd first see if reecovery mode ccoomes up, if it does then hdd is bad find another 320 hdd prefer a Western digital. then try to flash a recovery to it see if that fixes the issue. if you have another machine you can move the hdd to it to see if its the hdd on it.
    if its the main board the only way to test that is to try to format the hdd if it fails on a new 320 gb drive then main board is at fault.
    good luck.
    Thank you for very fast reply.

I'm able to print over network. I was also able to update firmware with SyncThrough, where everything is marked as "completed", but "UI" is "progressing" and never ends.

I tried restarting printer multiple times and few times I was lucky and display came alive. Everything was working at that point. But after next restart I was stuck at Samsung logo with spinner.

I was wondering if I could somehow try to upload new firmware to the OPS (screen board) directly via usb. If I use *0# i get message "waiting to download firmware ..." but I don't know what to do from here on?

If screen-board is defective - has anyone investigate this on component level what is causing problem?

For anyone with C9301 who is wondering how to upload firmware with SyncThrough (when there is no firmware upload button) - you have to go to "Applications" and then "install" and upload .hds file - after that you will see dialog for updating firmware. Took me quite a while to find that.

Regards,
    Gregor

Oh and I forgot to answer that regarding HDD - I tried disconnecting HDD and display is still stucked on "Samsung" logo (spinner spins about 3 times and freezes).

Quote Originally Posted by gregorc View Post
    Thank you for very fast reply.

I'm able to print over network. I was also able to update firmware with SyncThrough, where everything is marked as "completed", but "UI" is "progressing" and never ends.

I tried restarting printer multiple times and few times I was lucky and display came alive. Everything was working at that point. But after next restart I was stuck at Samsung logo with spinner.

I was wondering if I could somehow try to upload new firmware to the OPS (screen board) directly via usb. If I use *0# i get message "waiting to download firmware ..." but I don't know what to do from here on?

If screen-board is defective - has anyone investigate this on component level what is causing problem?

For anyone with C9301 who is wondering how to upload firmware with SyncThrough (when there is no firmware upload button) - you have to go to "Applications" and then "install" and upload .hds file - after that you will see dialog for updating firmware. Took me quite a while to find that.

Regards,
    Gregor
    Last edited by gregorc; 12-26-2021 at 08:55 AM.

After few restarts I was lucky to get system booted into UI. I was pressing "STOP" button on start, but I'm not sure if that was the key.
    Once I was in UI, I was able to update UI firmware from there.

After that everything works.

It looks like screen board is ok - it is just that firmware is corrupted.

It would still be interesting to know how to update UI firmware with *0# ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    good luck.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by fornerm View Post
    Hello,
    i have the Same, the Failure is FW Version V6.P6.O3, the latest FW, this is the failure, you Flash with an older FW example V6.O6.09 to fix this.

The FW you can download from HP,the latest, ist Fault.

mfg
    Hey do you have the old firmware of Samsung MultiXpress 9201 because it's not web anymore

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shan2091 View Post
    Hey do you have the old firmware of Samsung MultiXpress 9201 because it's not web anymore
    Afaik, the direct link for firmware download on the HP website is to an ftp server that you can access directly by shoving the direct link address into windows explorer as some guy was circulating the general ftp link on the HP forums a while back.

Might find something there if you look around.