Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FW killed my SCX-6345N... Where to get a Main PWB board?

Hi all,

I updated the firmware on our SCX-6345N and it killed the unit. It now powers on, no fan, lights the LCD backlight, but shows a blank screen.

I've since found the threads on here describing the same ordeal, and understand i need a new main board. Part No. JC92 01690B

Does anyone know where i might be able to source one? I've done a lot of searching and all the ebay listings, etc are out of stock.

TIA,

Rich.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: FW killed my SCX-6345N... Where to get a Main PWB board?

Quote Originally Posted by topbanana View Post
    Hi all, I updated the firmware on our SCX-6345N and it killed the unit. It now powers on, no fan, lights the LCD backlight, but shows a blank screen.
    I've since found the threads on here describing the same ordeal, and understand i need a new main board. Part No. JC92 01690B
    Does anyone know where i might be able to source one? I've done a lot of searching and all the ebay listings, etc are out of stock.
    TIA, Rich.
    sounds like you installed wrong version!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    sounds like you installed wrong version!
    Yeah.

The only version available on HP's support site for the 6345...
    Its readme says nothing about patching versions too new... A thing i'd never heard of before to be honest.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

I will let you know soon if one is available

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

check your PM

Unhappy Re: FW killed my SCX-6345N... Where to get a Main PWB board?

Just had the same thing happen to me. Bricked the MOBO on a FW update. Ordered an "Open Box" MOBO on eBay, got it in today and the battery was dead and apparently the FW went in to data heaven (Hopefully will get a refund).

Suggestions?

Chip level programming is way over my head and I really don't want to sink much more in to this losing battle after replacing the fuser for $200+.

It looks brand new and it would be really nice to have a backup. Makes me sick to my stomach as this was a freebie that was working fine after replacing the fuser until the FW issue :-(

I can't believe this thing doesn't have a boot ROM!

Quote Originally Posted by cbsm View Post
    Just had the same thing happen to me. Bricked the MOBO on a FW update. Ordered an "Open Box" MOBO on eBay, got it in today and the battery was dead and apparently the FW went in to data heaven (Hopefully will get a refund).

Suggestions?

Chip level programming is way over my head and I really don't want to sink much more in to this losing battle after replacing the fuser for $200+.

It looks brand new and it would be really nice to have a backup. Makes me sick to my stomach as this was a freebie that was working fine after replacing the fuser until the FW issue :-(

I can't believe this thing doesn't have a boot ROM!
    clock batteries are easy to de-solder/ solder.

then reload PROPER firmware.

Batteries are easy to replace, but without existing firmware on the board and no way to boot up the machine, how would one get the proper firmware on to the MOBO without a factory programmer?

Quote Originally Posted by cbsm View Post
    Batteries are easy to replace, but without existing firmware on the board and no way to boot up the machine, how would one get the proper firmware on to the MOBO without a factory programmer?
    clearly you don't have a service manual

Yeah, here's some screen shots of the manual I obviously don't have, showing the cover and the page specifically about firmware indicating that it has to be uploaded to the MFD through a network, usb or serial connection. Capture.JPG

Now if we can get off our high horse and realize this particular device does not have a boot Rom on the logic board and the machine will sit there with nothing but a back-light turned on the control panel with no interface on the front whatsoever, won't show up as a USB device on a computer, won't show up as an attached rs-232 device on a computer, and will only show an IP address with no further access whatsoever when on the network. With the firmware deleted or corrupted by the previous firmware update attempt the logic board is pretty much like Terri Schiavo ca. 1998 to 2005. Light's on, nobody's home.

There is no "factory" programming connector on the board, no clamp point, absolutely nothing in the service manual about uploading firmware to a board with corrupted or deleted firmware.

I thought that maybe someone might have more insight in to work-arounds or resources for boards with working FW installed, or perhaps just a word of advice or encouragement or advice like "part that ____er out" or "throw it in the dumpster and move on!"

Nice assumptions though.