Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Please help Samsung multiXpress x4250lx stock in service mode after hitting isettings

I read just looking for the one management I'm diagnostics to do the act cleaning.

I hit initial settings. Wouldn't go back so I hit language.

I'm so screwed.

Can anyone please help me asap?

Thank you

Re: Please help Samsung multiXpress x4250lx stock in service mode after hitting isett

Phone didn't spell right and I'm panicked.

I was just following the service entrance from the manual. I was trying to get into the service mode for the sensor cleaning.
    I didn't see that exact heading.

I touched the initial setting and it wouldn't back up.

So I touched the highlighted English tab.
    It went into a long cycling and rebooted.
    Now that screen won't go away and I can't use the machine.

I am praying the customers up drive aren't lost

I'm in total disbelief. It's a hospice company.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Please help Samsung multiXpress x4250lx stock in service mode after hitting isettings

Re: Please help Samsung multiXpress x4250lx stock in service mode after hitting isett

I've accidentally done the same thing. In my case it reset all settings. I backup Samsung's religiously now especially since hard disk failure is so common. Sounds like you have lost all the settings and just have to do the settings again, as far as I know there is no way to cancel it once you click on it

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Oh God.

Ok, I've reset it and it will copy. Praze the Lord.

Checking the printer settings now. Thankfully there not on a server.

I'll post my outcome later.

You all be safe, Jim

I was able to reconfigure two computers before the customer had to leave. It's the furthest customer I have so that's not supprising.
    I seem to have an uncanny ability to go into a customer, and you know you can fix the problem in ten minutes.
    But you don't want to insult them and present a bill for such a short time.
    So I always clean, check, work slow and fill the time so they feel better.

But inverably end up creating more trouble than I need.

And this was a perfect example.

And for those of you that didn't know or forgot, getting the printer and scanner drivers off the Samsung site if futile.

Go to hp. Com.

And when I panic and post here, the stupid phone insists on misspelling everything that's important so it's a total mind blower.

Thank you guys. Be safe and wish me luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    I was able to reconfigure two computers before the customer had to leave. It's the furthest customer I have so that's not supprising.
    I seem to have an uncanny ability to go into a customer, and you know you can fix the problem in ten minutes.
    But you don't want to insult them and present a bill for such a short time.
    So I always clean, check, work slow and fill the time so they feel better.

But inverably end up creating more trouble than I need.

And this was a perfect example.

And for those of you that didn't know or forgot, getting the printer and scanner drivers off the Samsung site if futile.

Go to hp. Com.

And when I panic and post here, the stupid phone insists on misspelling everything that's important so it's a total mind blower.

Thank you guys. Be safe and wish me luck.
    Yeah you could have done another memory wipe, while yes you will lose some setting. its best to check the last setting on a computer that was printing to it, you can view the port it was using,
    and try to use the same setting. most time if it get stuck might want to clean the memory chip, wipe the contacts to be sure its reading it right, also maybe change the battery on these things, hopefully the hard drive is okay, alway get the latest firmware, but glad you got it working, practice makes perfect, sort of.

good job!

and after getting the 7 computers reset up, they asked "how do we get a fax confirmation" and i was flipping thru the user choice, went into admin, and all of a sudden realized i hit the same startup or something. thank god, instead of hitting English, i saw a back button and backed out.

what a quirky machine.

so far its working.

thank you all for the help. i had driven 21 miles to put in an imaging unit and clean the ITB density sensors. but the service manual said you can do a routine in service mode to clean it. yea, right.

and initially that's how i messed up. i was in service, but the exact path from the manual wasn't shown on the display.

never go in deeper than absolutely necessary.

word of advice to me.

be well, JIm