Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Scx-6555 just blinks green status light

ok I may be a little bit brain dead today but here it goes.....

have a SCX-6555 in a small law firm. 8 users all windows 7. tcpip printing to the ip not sec port. when problem arises you can ping the machine.
    the problem is. when they turn the machine on and it comes to ready and network ready. the machine will print copy fax and scan for between 2 -5 minutes. then after that time when you send a job it recieves the job. if you check the que on the copier by hitting status is says its there but it doesnt print. no error lights on machine. on when check web interface no errors. if you cancel the job on the copier next job will still do the same thing. only when you power cycle the machine will it work for up to 5 minutes.

thoughts and things did

cloned the machine. for backup settings. performed nvram init on copier fax and network. no change.
    performed nvram clear..... no change.
    performed ipconfig /all on pc found dns servers wrong corrected them tested scan to email still works. but non responsiveness still happens.
    boss said to change toner. (i know) still no change.
    drum at 65%

could bad nvram battery do anything?
    could a bad hard drive be good enough to work and boot but bad enought to fail after a few minutes without error.

bringing a 6545 out as a loaner and test machine tomorrow. will either work proving machine problem
    or fail proving their network is bad....

thanks
    Andy

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Scx-6555 just blinks green status light

Re: Scx-6555 just blinks green status light

I haven't seen that specific problem on that series before but it does make me wonder about the HDD. That's an old machine and if it's the original HDD than it could be acting up. Another thought is a bad driver. I've seen similar issues on other brands where a customer is using the XPS driver or the driver points to a WSD port and not the IP address. And in rare cases I've seen IT guys keep the driver from a previous printer and just point it at the new machine - that can cause all kinds of issues. But between the age of the machine and the outdated Win 7 environment it could be anything. I'll be curious to see if the 6545 makes a difference. Please keep us posted!
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Scx-6555 just blinks green status light

ok swapped the 6555 with a 6545 and used cloning to copy all settings and address book. machine works like a charm. bring their machine back to office put on our network and use it no issues found. hmmmmmmmm

mercury retrograde?