Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Samsung Xpress C1810W error #A1-4111

Hi Guys, hope your all doing as good as possible with the Covid-19 fiasco.

one site said that it was a sticking solenoid in the upper left corner inside the right side cover
    well, i removed and fixed that one. same thing.
    then i found the fuser pressure release drive solenoid was also sticking, and wasn't turning that shaft.
    i removed that solenoid and clutch. cleaned the clutch and shimmed the solenoid.

that seems to be working, but the error is still there.

another source, manualslib service manual said it was an issue with the transfer roller engagement not working, and to check contacts from main drive unit to main board. otherwise suspect both of those.

the 2nd TR roller on the back door doesn't appear to index, so it must be in the ITB belt unit.
    that i couldn't get out, without forcing it.

i did remove the waste toner container, and i do see the metal bar on the rear frame that needs to be removed to get it out, but i cant even get it to budge. i had the drum drawer pulled, as well as the paper cassette.

does anyone have any advice or input on this issue??

thank you very much, and i hope you all have a safe 4th of July.
    Jim

Re: Samsung Xpress C1810W error #A1-4111

ok, i found so far the ITB removal process, darn thing.

still looking to see what the solenoid does that i repaired since it didn't fix it, and i told customer it had been obviously fixed before, and he told me, he did it.

that's always the first red flag...

Jim

Hi Guys,

i studied the parts book. i only see one solenoid on the main drive unit.
    but there is another shown in the right frame.

does anyone know if this unit uses a solenoid to cycle/ index the ITB transfer belt transfer rollers?

so, the darn thing.
    i got the ITB out. couldn't find any other solenoids anywhere without removing the main drive unit.

but i did find that the ITB has a shaft that rotates to raise or lower the transfer rollers. and for the life of me, i cant find anything that drives that gear on the shaft. and i can't see anything inside the belt that would power it. nor, could i find any sensor that would look for the wheel notch on the opposite side as the drive gear.
    i tried it in the other position thinking that it ships new in the retracted position, and rotates from the belt movement?? but it didn't for me doing it manually.

screwy. and of course i re seated all the P/Js to the main board, oh, except the ribbon cables.

and at $160 for the drive unit, it don't seem to make sence. the solenoid on the drive unit is spared separately, but i got it working by removing the offending rubber pad.

have a nice evening.