Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Samsung X3280nr

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Samsung X3280nr

Getting error codes s1-2411 and s1-2420, video board hdd error listed on event log. Manual says hard drive failure. Replace hard drive. No specific instructions. We have replaced the hard drive with no luck. The new hard drive is exactly the same as the old one except it didn’t come from Samsung. This machine seems different from other Samsung mfp’s I’ve dealt with. I can’t get it into hard drive recovery mode. I can hold down the soft pwr key while turning main switch on with side cover open. It comes up with a screen that says ready to receive firmware for about 30 second and then reboots. Leaving the hard drive unplugged at pwr up does nothing. I stumbled into another screen while leaving front cover open and turning on hard pwr while holding soft per button down. It says MMA>recovery mode that lists several commands with the last one saying remove partitions and recreate-s1-2412-s1-2420. I thought I had it fixed by running that last command with the original hard drive installed. It worked flawlessly for several days but now I’m back to square one . Same error codes no matter what. Samsung reps. have tried helping but no one seems to know much about this model. I have ordered a hard drive from Samsung it’s not in yet. Could there be something about the way it’s partitioned coming from Samsung? The only thing I can tell it’s used for is finisher operation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Samsung X3280nr

Ordered hd from HP. Problem solved.