Technician
    Samsung Multixpress X4300XL - Error Code C8-5313 Black Developer Failure

Hi,

I Have a X4300XL copier. If was working fine a few weeks ago and we have not been in the office since. When I came back in yesterday I cannot get it going and I have the above error code.

I have called the local Engineer but they will not work on Samsung and though I might have to find a national agent. I am looking at the minute.

When I google the code I get toe following. I have changed the developer unit as I has another one and the error is still there. I also unclipped and checked the flexi pipe from the toner cartridge and it does not seem blocked.

Any Ideas? Could it be down to damp toner etc. if so will it sort itself or could it be a sensor, etc.?

• Display:Black Developer Failure: #C8-5210. Turn off then on Black Developer Failure: #C8-5310. Install black developer unit again Black Developer Failure: #C8-5313. Turn off then on. Please call for service if the problem persists
    • Description:The black developer unit has a problem with toner supply or sensor calibration.
    • Remedy:1) Open the front cover. 2) Remove the waste toner container. 3) Check if the toner supply pipe is blocked. If it is closed, open it. 4) Install the waste toner container. Close the front cover. 5) Turn the machine off then on. 6) If the problem persists, remove and reinstall the black developer unit. 7) If the problem persists, replace the black developer unit.

Technician

Re: Samsung Multixpress X4300XL - Error Code C8-5313 Black Developer Failure

Hi all,

Just realised I changed the drum unit not developer so I will change both and see if that sorts it. To calibrate a new developer unit is is automatic or do I need to enter any engineers codes.

Thanks.

Heyo,

Not sure if you are still having this issue but I have run across a similar issue and I was able to vacuum out the toner hopper and the hose that comes down from the toner hopper to get this issue to go away. Depending on the area, if the humidity was very high the week before this coming up it is a very good possibility that the toner going into the developer had started to clump up. In this case I would just replace the developer because it is probably more hassle to try and get it working again if this is the case. From what I have seen on these machines the hopper hose that goes to the developers don't seal very well, leading to leaking toner and clumping issues around the developers.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

The printer calibrates automatically.
    The developer doesn't require post-mixing as the dev powder packaged with the developer unit comes pre-mixed with some toner.

The developer failure message occurs when inssuficient toner/developer is detected in the developer unit. Normally, it would be best to check the developer pipe is in the open position first, and that toner is feeding, before proceeding to replace any part.

If you are looking for the details of local agents in Belfast that deal with samsung printers I can give you the contact details for a few.