Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Replaced HDD then recovery FW ok but can't firmware machine X4300 X4220

Hi,

Any of you guys worked this one out after recovery can't firmware machine.

I go through recovery brand new harddrive.

Once the machine is finished the machine goes back to main menu after 30 secs so I can't do it from the screen. So I tried it from the laptop and I upload the firmware but after about 15 mins just says machine is busy or not responding.

How can I get it to accept the latest firmware after recovery? On the print out it just says f/w n/a.

The machine still seems to print and copy fine but need it to be on latest firmware.
    Last edited by fishleg; 12-01-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Replaced HDD then recovery FW ok but can't firmware machine X4300 X4220

IMG_01122020_234558_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

Eventually after about 5 attempts this comes up. The harddrive is empty and the firmware file is 960mb the software says the harddrive only has 860mb free out of 1000mb even though the drive is 320gb.

Toshiba, Utax, Kyocera, Oki should all come with 2 hard drives in raid 1 so you never have total failure or atleast keep the settings off the drive.

I really do hate these machines the harddrive fail daily I've wasted hours and hours just sitting there while it reformats. Is there an easier way than this? Pretty goosed on this machine? It's like the firmware file is too big for the machine to handle. Can I some how split it up so it only updates the system firmware and leave everything else out?

I have experience this on X7600GX. The solution is to change the operation penal. may be you can try this.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

[QUOTE=Matoku;1652674]I have experience this on X7600GX. The solution is to change the operation penal. may be you can try this.[/QU
    +
    how is going guys, hope is all good on this new year, well for me it started not that good since I have this samsung 9301 with a hard disk failure and I need to replace it, but my boss has misplace the image files for recovery, can anyone help me with a copy please I will really appreciated. ( the one the HP has in the FTP is corrupt so that wont work)