Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    fuser wrap jam clear

fuser wrap jam clear

i have a customer that prob once every 6 months i need to go do "Fuser Wrap jam clear"

i do it and it runs fine for 6 months or 5 months but a decent amount of time.

is there a solid fix for this? i assume samsung/HP stopped releasing firmware for these

i was thinking of changing rollers but its only printed 90k and the fact it can go 6 or so months between jams suggests rollers aren't the issue.

luckily only 6 months left on contract but its bugged me for the past 4 years

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    fuser wrap jam clear

Re: fuser wrap jam clear

What model are you talking about?
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    fuser wrap jam clear

SL-X4300LX/XSA

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    fuser wrap jam clear

I had to replace a fuser drive assembly on that series for intermittent errors. I never saw the one you've described, but it could be the cause. Also, the fuser units on the Samsungs are garbage. They never last.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Technician

Sometimes you have to replace the fuser itself. But if it is only several months in between , thats not terribly bad.

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

If this is the error code that was implemented with a firmware revision, where you have to go into the service menu to remove the wrap jam clear. Then you could revert the actual firmware to an older version before this was implemented.

Otherwise, there are several things it could be. From an actual printer fault to an environmental problem. If you don't get any other associated error codes its less clear. Sometimes the sensors can go on these devices although its rare.

From my understanding if its the firmware implemented error code, it only appears after so many successive jams, which might be why there is such a long gap, if customer is physically getting jams more frequently than 6months.