Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

Re: Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan2S View Post
    Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate your help here. I had no idea there are two very different revisions of the board (as you probably guessed, I am just an amateur-repairer )
    Yes, if main board swap doesn't help, then the problem must be in LSU or associated flat cable...
    BTW, I tried to post the image of serial number stickers, but it seems that reply was not (yet?) approved for posting.,
    Thanks again!
    Bojan
    attachments DO NOT require approval form admin....

the FAQ'a outline the requirements for posting images/attachments

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/f...b3_attachments

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    attachments DO NOT require approval form admin....

the FAQ'a outline the requirements for posting images/attachments

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/f...b3_attachments
    It must have been something else then.. There was a pop-up window notifying me my post waits for approval.

Technician

IF you move the connector and it works ...logic would tell you that the connector is loose/faulty.
    Yep.. however I inspected connector under the stereo microscope and it looked normal, all contact apparently behave as they should.
    perhaps the fault is inside connector and invisible, so I hope new main board will solve the problem (or point me to exact cause - it is on its way, to be delivered this week).

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Yep.. however I inspected connector under the stereo microscope and it looked normal, all contact apparently behave as they should.
    perhaps the fault is inside connector and invisible, so I hope new main board will solve the problem (or point me to exact cause - it is on its way, to be delivered this week).
    You'd have better luck checking resistance or voltage values I think. The service manual with all the schematics can be found online if you do a google search, and it will list some info in those.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    You'd have better luck checking resistance or voltage values I think. The service manual with all the schematics can be found online if you do a google search, and it will list some info in those.
    I tried and the service manual I found is pretty useless for low-level debugging.. no circuit schematics. Basically, it says "if blank page is printed, replace main board or LSU".
    Anyway... we shall see soon.

I tried and the service manual I found is pretty useless for low-level debugging.. no circuit schematics. Basically, it says "if blank page is printed, replace main board or LSU".
    Anyway... we shall see soon.
    Just had a look as I'm sure I remember there being some diagrams. It has Circuit Schematics are under Connection Diagram I believe Section 5.2 there are some other diagrams showing where the output sits around the chasis / unit.

I don't really get involved in board repairs, so I don't know what information might be needed that are missing from these diagrams.

It looks like votlage and resistance for individual components are then listed elsewhere. So I'm not sure if that helps at all.

Under troubleshooting I have the below information:

Bad contact on OPC - Check terminal to ground of OPC
    LSU not working - Check LSU connector
    Not working developing bias voltage on HVPS - replace HVPS

So you are looking at the second section, which is replace LSU/Connector as you checked the connector and that is where the fault seems to be.

I don't think its possible for the mainboard to cause this issue without you getting some other associated error code such as an LSU failure. The only thing loosely related would be if no image is being processed in which case reflashing firmware would fix that.

Technician

Just had a look as I'm sure I remember there being some diagrams. It has Circuit Schematics are under Connection Diagram I believe Section 5.2 there are some other diagrams showing where the output sits around the chasis / unit.
    Could you send me a link with main board schematic diagram? It would be useful if signals are marked, with time diagrams..

LSU not working - Check LSU connector
    So you are looking at the second section, which is replace LSU/Connector as you checked the connector and that is where the fault seems to be.
    Yes...
    Board is on its way, will be here tomorrow or after holidays. If the problem doesn't do away, it will be LSU or cable.
    As for cable, I will probably be able to repair the existing one (cut off 1cm from ends and remove insulation for connector), but for LSU... not so sure. I haven't dismantle it yet anyway...

Could you send me a link with main board schematic diagram? It would be useful if signals are marked, with time diagrams..

Yes...
    Board is on its way, will be here tomorrow or after holidays. If the problem doesn't do away, it will be LSU or cable.
    As for cable, I will probably be able to repair the existing one (cut off 1cm from ends and remove insulation for connector), but for LSU... not so sure. I haven't dismantle it yet anyway...
    I'm not sure what we're allowed to post on here, but if you search the model and service manual in google, I think it is listed on one of those manual sites which will show in the top 3 results.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

I'm not sure what we're allowed to post on here, but if you search the model and service manual in google, I think it is listed on one of those manual sites which will show in the top 3 results.
    most times if other users see the contributor Badge, they are willing to help with manuals and firmware.

any contributions strictly go to keeping CTN up and running.

a good thing is to read the forum rules https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules PLEASE note rule #3 ALL requests for manual are to be posted in https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

also please reviews the FAQ's section https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/faq.php

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

most times if other users see the contributor Badge, they are willing to help with manuals and firmware.

any contributions strictly go to keeping CTN up and running.

a good thing is to read the forum rules https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules PLEASE note rule #3 ALL requests for manual are to be posted in https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

also please reviews the FAQ's section https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/faq.php
    Thanks brother for this as always thorough explanation.
    I think Crowfeather reply was truly respectful and in perfect unison with what this site and members here may deserve and expect so I liked it

A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.