Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41
    Printer firmware is !&$! 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    London
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

    I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but are you using genuine toners?

    I mean really at this point for a printer you can pick for 220 the amount of time you've spent on it probably isn't worth it.


    I can see in the OP you did a half test and no image (sometimes) is drawn on the imaging unit. As you've replaced the LSU, the only other possibility is either

    a) No power is reaching LSU to generate the light
    b) You are using non genuine cartridges and toner is either not leaving the cartridge or imaging unit is not successfully charging
    c) The printer is not properly processing the job

    If you can see that power is reaching the LSU, then the only other culprit is your toners. But normally this is the first to be checked with an old set, especially if non-genuine as you get loads of weird and wonderful issues with old refills.

  2. #42
    Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    ... I mean really at this point for a printer you can pick for 220 the amount of time you've spent on it probably isn't worth it.
    ..
    Well, it is personal now between me and this printer, economy is irrelevant :-)

    I don't think toners are the problem.. printer was working fine for years, and it started to misbehave after half of black toner in installed cartridges is spent.. and I tried with new cartridges, the intermittent behavior is the same.

    The problem here is insufficient documentation, and imposed attitude by Samsung (and many other manufacturers/products): "easy repair - just replace modules, if it doesn't work just throw away, it's not worth the effort".
    This philosophy doesn't work for me.
    And, if I solve this problem, my effort could potentially help someone else.. so my time and effort will not be wasted (I hope).

  3. #43
    Printer firmware is !&$! 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    London
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan2S View Post
    Well, it is personal now between me and this printer, economy is irrelevant :-)

    I don't think toners are the problem.. printer was working fine for years, and it started to misbehave after half of black toner in installed cartridges is spent.. and I tried with new cartridges, the intermittent behavior is the same.

    The problem here is insufficient documentation, and imposed attitude by Samsung (and many other manufacturers/products): "easy repair - just replace modules, if it doesn't work just throw away, it's not worth the effort".
    This philosophy doesn't work for me.
    And, if I solve this problem, my effort could potentially help someone else.. so my time and effort will not be wasted (I hope).
    If you are using non-genuine toners, I would highly suggest to replace with genuine toners. Irrelevant if it was working 50 years with no problem on said toner brand.


    Most manufacturers have very large amounts of documentation, but this is not publicly available or is available only to a limited extent, apart from when people upload it to maunal sites where you can then get access to some of this. What tends to happen is techs only read a fraction as that is what they believe is relevant to the specific issue they have.

  4. #44
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts gordie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

    Hi. I don,t know if you have fixed this fault but you will find it is the actuator solinoid sticking, its the rubber perished. you will find it on the main drive unit.
    Regards Gordie.

  5. #45
    Technician
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Melbourne, VIC
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

    Quote Originally Posted by gordie View Post
    Hi. I don,t know if you have fixed this fault but you will find it is the actuator solinoid sticking, its the rubber perished. you will find it on the main drive unit.
    Regards Gordie.
    No, I am still investigating.
    Can you tell me exactly where this actuator is? In the past I had #A1-4112 Error, and I fixed this by inserting new cushion.. and error is no more. Are you suggesting this may be the problem again?
    Thanks,
    Bojan

  6. #46
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts gordie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

    Hi. Remove the right hand cover. The solinoid is in between the two motors about about 2/3rds of the ways up. 2 screws and it comes out.
    Regards Gordie

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here