Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Re: Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but are you using genuine toners?

I mean really at this point for a printer you can pick for £220 the amount of time you've spent on it probably isn't worth it.

I can see in the OP you did a half test and no image (sometimes) is drawn on the imaging unit. As you've replaced the LSU, the only other possibility is either

a) No power is reaching LSU to generate the light
    b) You are using non genuine cartridges and toner is either not leaving the cartridge or imaging unit is not successfully charging
    c) The printer is not properly processing the job

If you can see that power is reaching the LSU, then the only other culprit is your toners. But normally this is the first to be checked with an old set, especially if non-genuine as you get loads of weird and wonderful issues with old refills.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    ... I mean really at this point for a printer you can pick for £220 the amount of time you've spent on it probably isn't worth it.
    Well, it is personal now between me and this printer, economy is irrelevant :-)

I don't think toners are the problem.. printer was working fine for years, and it started to misbehave after half of black toner in installed cartridges is spent.. and I tried with new cartridges, the intermittent behavior is the same.

The problem here is insufficient documentation, and imposed attitude by Samsung (and many other manufacturers/products): "easy repair - just replace modules, if it doesn't work just throw away, it's not worth the effort".
    This philosophy doesn't work for me.
    And, if I solve this problem, my effort could potentially help someone else.. so my time and effort will not be wasted (I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan2S View Post
    Well, it is personal now between me and this printer, economy is irrelevant :-)

I don't think toners are the problem.. printer was working fine for years, and it started to misbehave after half of black toner in installed cartridges is spent.. and I tried with new cartridges, the intermittent behavior is the same.

The problem here is insufficient documentation, and imposed attitude by Samsung (and many other manufacturers/products): "easy repair - just replace modules, if it doesn't work just throw away, it's not worth the effort".
    This philosophy doesn't work for me.
    And, if I solve this problem, my effort could potentially help someone else.. so my time and effort will not be wasted (I hope).
    If you are using non-genuine toners, I would highly suggest to replace with genuine toners. Irrelevant if it was working 50 years with no problem on said toner brand.

Most manufacturers have very large amounts of documentation, but this is not publicly available or is available only to a limited extent, apart from when people upload it to maunal sites where you can then get access to some of this. What tends to happen is techs only read a fraction as that is what they believe is relevant to the specific issue they have.

Hi. I don,t know if you have fixed this fault but you will find it is the actuator solinoid sticking, its the rubber perished. you will find it on the main drive unit.
    Regards Gordie.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by gordie View Post
    Hi. I don,t know if you have fixed this fault but you will find it is the actuator solinoid sticking, its the rubber perished. you will find it on the main drive unit.
    Regards Gordie.
    No, I am still investigating.
    Can you tell me exactly where this actuator is? In the past I had #A1-4112 Error, and I fixed this by inserting new cushion.. and error is no more. Are you suggesting this may be the problem again?
    Thanks,
    Bojan

Hi. Remove the right hand cover. The solinoid is in between the two motors about about 2/3rds of the ways up. 2 screws and it comes out.
    Regards Gordie

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan2S View Post
    No, I am still investigating.
    Can you tell me exactly where this actuator is? In the past I had #A1-4112 Error, and I fixed this by inserting new cushion.. and error is no more. Are you suggesting this may be the problem again?
    Thanks,
    Bojan
    Hi,
    I had the same problem with 6260FW. I've replaced cushion before, but this time it was a problem with that small spring in acutator (it looks like it was too weak). I've shortened it around 3-4mm and printer is working like new
    samsung.jpgThis is a picture from internet, just to show which spring.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bax001 View Post
    Hi,
    I had the same problem with 6260FW. I've replaced cushion before, but this time it was a problem with that small spring in acutator (it looks like it was too weak). I've shortened it around 3-4mm and printer is working like new
    samsung.jpgThis is a picture from internet, just to show which spring.
    Hmmm..
    Thanks for the tip, I will investigate.

If you were having a problem with the actuator it should give the error code.

Honestly, its worth just buying a replacement they are a few dollars, if that, and they were revised with better material to separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    If you were having a problem with the actuator it should give the error code.

Honestly, its worth just buying a replacement they are a few dollars, if that, and they were revised with better material to separate.
    If there is a problem for example with pad, then yes, but in my case it was partially working (it was printing usually only one page) and you could hear clicks that it was skipping something.