Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Technician

Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

Hi,
    My CLX-6260FW prints blank pages now (it started as very occasional issue at first, now it is permanent problem).
    I suspect HVPS, LSU. Is there a way to check voltages to diagnose the fault?

Also, when calibrating/printing, there is a distinctive sound "thp-thp-thp-thp" (yes, four times.. there are 4 toner cartridges.. coincidental?), I do nor remember hearing it before (when everything was OK).
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Bojan

EDIT:
    I also tried "half test" (open door when half of the paper was in) and there was no image on the drum (black). I measured voltages on HVPS board, K-section, they are there.
    So it seems LSU remains as prime suspect?

EDIT2:
    After fiddling with LSU connector on Main (processor) board, it started to print (more often). It looks like something is intermittent... I also removed the board and inspected connector under the microscope.. no obvious issues are visible.
    Last edited by Bojan2S; 03-14-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Technician

Re: Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

It seems most of the time printer will copy only one page after moving cable/connector, but not print from comp...
    Would that indicate the Main board problem?

Printer firmware is !&$! 100+ Posts

Start printing and then force a jam (open rear door) before the paper reaches the fuser. Check the underside of the toner cartridge (imaging units) you should see the image drawn on that. If not then it could be HVPS/LSU/Imaging unit issue.

If image is drawn then its probably the ITB.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Start printing and then force a jam (open rear door) before the paper reaches the fuser. Check the underside of the toner cartridge (imaging units) you should see the image drawn on that. If not then it could be HVPS/LSU/Imaging unit issue.

If image is drawn then its probably the ITB.
    Thank you for suggestion, I actually did that...
    The result was the same as with moving connector (and printing one page only..)
    My theory is some control gate is floating.. and my manipulation charges that gate and temporarily enables printing. It's a pity circuit schematic is not available..
    I managed to find processor board on ebay (second-hand, cheap), hopefully this will solve the problem (this or that way)

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan2S View Post
    My theory is some control gate is floating.. and my manipulation charges that gate and temporarily enables printing. It's a pity circuit schematic is not available..
    I managed to find processor board on ebay (second-hand, cheap), hopefully this will solve the problem (this or that way)
    I'm not really sure what connector you are referring to. So I can't comment on the whole charge thing.
    I've never seen this printer fail to print an image due to a mainboard issue.

The purpose of doing a jam test, is it tells you whether the image is being drawn or not. If the image is being drawn, then you know the problem is that the image is not being applied to the paper, so either the ITB is not working, or the fuser isn't working.

If the image is not being drawn, then this would be the toner cartridge, or the LSU.

The parts that could be causing both is the HVPS.

SMPS and Mainboard I've never seen cause print quality issues.

When doing test prints, you probably want to make sure your testing using the internal report pages, to avoid the issue being unrelated to the printing mechanisms.

P.S This machine has two different revisions of the mainboard, so you want to double check the pn on your machines board before replacing. If you use the wrong revision it won't work properly, and there is no way of changing one revision to the other.

Technician

I'm not really sure what connector you are referring to. So I can't comment on the whole charge thing.
    P.S This machine has two different revisions of the mainboard, so you want to double check the pn on your machines board before replacing. If you use the wrong revision it won't work properly, and there is no way of changing one revision to the other.
    Connector in question is for flat cable for LSU.. after moving cable in and out (just a bit) I can print one page... but not much more, that is why I think about charging a gate..
    I was also thinking about new cable... but the old one looks OK.
    Processor board is taken out from the came printer model (FW), I will check compatibility... Also I presume I will have to use my own SD card? ... to avoid setup from scratch.

Connector in question is for flat cable for LSU.. after moving cable in and out (just a bit) I can print one page... but not much more, that is why I think about charging a gate..
    I was also thinking about new cable... but the old one looks OK.
    Processor board is taken out from the came printer model (FW), I will check compatibility... Also I presume I will have to use my own SD card? ... to avoid setup from scratch.
    That makes more sense. So I guess you are looking at either the cable or the LSU as the cause?

The mainboard will have a white sticker/label on it with a serial bar, the serial code has the part number where it starts "JC" this will usually end in A or another letter so JC92-02530A as an example. They completely revised the Mainboard and OPE sometime in the middle of manufacturing. I don't quite remember the exact date, but essentially it meant that there are two separate pair of boards depending on the manufacture date of the printer. So if the part numbers match there shouldn't be any problem.

If you are swapping the SD you'd probably want to firmware it anyway. If the board you have is a donor board, you might end up with different SN information and counts. I believe the samsungs use a separate chip for that information that sits on the board.

If you get an error message after replacing the board, about incompatible toners, you'll need to reset the machine and change the default country to the relevant one.

Technician

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. This printer was given to me by a friend (it had a problem with actuator (#A1-4111) which I sorted last year) with set of toners so it makes all sense to me to try and repair it, it should last as long as I live :-)

That makes more sense. So I guess you are looking at either the cable or the LSU as the cause?...
    Yes.. if swapping of main board doesn't help, problem must be somewhere there.

...The mainboard will have a white sticker/label on it with a serial bar, the serial code has the part number where it starts "JC" this will usually end in A or another letter so JC92-02530A as an example. They completely revised the Mainboard and OPE sometime in the middle of manufacturing. I don't quite remember the exact date, but essentially it meant that there are two separate pair of boards depending on the manufacture date of the printer. So if the part numbers match there shouldn't be any problem....
    Hmmm, I had no idea about that.. ebay seller provided the pic of the board with serial and version numbers, (right) they are different but not much.. I will know very soon, board is already in Oz, to be delivered next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate your help here. I had no idea there are two very different revisions of the board (as you probably guessed, I am just an amateur-repairer )
    Yes, if main board swap doesn't help, then the problem must be in LSU or associated flat cable...
    BTW, I tried to post the image of serial number stickers, but it seems that reply was not (yet?) approved for posting.,
    Thanks again!
    Bojan
    Last edited by Bojan2S; 03-28-2021 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung CLX-6260FW printer prints blank pages.. most of the time

IF you move the connector and it works ...logic would tell you that the connector is loose/faulty.